Gibson Brands Forums

This is what I mean about Martin guys on Craigslist....lol....

onewilyfool

Here's the Martin Fleece of the day.....Vintage guitar price guide has this at about $3200-$3500 for good to excellent. No pics on this guitar' date=' but like most craigslist sellers has it in "Supreme" condition so, I'm assuming "excellent" This guitar is only listed at 3 times the blue book....lol....

http://sfbay.craigslist.org/sfc/msg/1877772362.html

[/quote']

I cain't see it! [biggrin]

You don't suppose it is that there glass guit tar, Mason Williams played on the Glenn Campbell Good Time Hour back in the day.. do you? Sounds like another Windex commercial.

I've owned two Gibsons; a 1977 Hummingbird (total POS) and my beloved SWD (this sublime guitar just keeps getting better). I've played 100's of Martins and never ever found one that spoke to me, except one '72 Martin D-18 that I played at the 12th Fret in Toronto. I almost went back to buy that guitar but came back to Alberta with a 1981 Rickenbacker 320JG instead! [biggrin]

I guess it is all subjective. I haven't played a J200 I've liked yet either!

Ya want a good U.S.-made guitar from the 1970s buy yourself a Guild.

If ya really want a 1970s guitar that sounds like a good Gibson buy one of the Ibanez clones. No wonder Gibson got their panties in a wad over Ibanez. They had been out-Gibsoned.

Ya want a good U.S.-made guitar from the 1970s buy yourself a Guild.

If ya really want a 1970s guitar that sounds like a good Gibson buy one of the Ibanez clones. No wonder Gibson got their panties in a wad over Ibanez. They had been out-Gibsoned.

Amen Zomby

Archived