Gibson Brands Forums

Pedal boards

Larsson

Hey guys!

so ive been thinking of switching my me20 boss 'all in one' pedal board out for single stomp boxes as i only use a handfull of the effects in the unit (EQ, distortion, wah, tuner and maybe a chorus or phase but not often).

So i was wondering what pedal boards you guys use and how well they work.when i say pedal board i mean just something which will hold the single pedals rather than having them lying on the floor infront of me...

pedals i am looking at:

MXR 6 band eq

Dunlop Crybaby

Digitech Bad Monkey

and possibly another 2 pedals but not sure yet...

i would want a pedal board which can hold up to 5 or 6 pedals as im not gonna use more...

feedback much appreciated,

Larsson

Hey guys!

so ive been thinking of switching my me20 boss 'all in one' pedal board out for single stomp boxes as i only use a handfull of the effects in the unit (EQ' date=' distortion, wah, tuner and maybe a chorus or phase but not often).

So i was wondering what pedal boards you guys use and how well they work.when i say pedal board i mean just something which will hold the single pedals rather than having them lying on the floor infront of me...

pedals i am looking at:

MXR 6 band eq

Dunlop Crybaby

Digitech Bad Monkey

and possibly another 2 pedals but not sure yet...

i would want a pedal board which can hold up to 5 or 6 pedals as im not gonna use more...

feedback much appreciated,

Larsson[/quote']

I use the Pedal Train, the $99 one, I can't remember exactly which one it is. I use the Voodoo Labs Pedal Power 2+ for power.

the pedals are: Dunlop Original Crybaby, Boss LS-2, Way Huge Pork Loin, Digitech Bad Monkey, MXR 10 Band EQ and a Fender amp controller pedal.

There is enough space to add one more pedal.

The all mighty Pedal Train-- this model with hard case only $129 at Guitar Center (some type of Winter sale).

IMG_2141.jpg

It doesn't have my Boss NS-2 on it because this pic is fairly old, but it holds a decent bit. I just turned the foot switch vertical and the noise suppressor fit right in.

I don't use a Voodoo power system or anything, just an AC adapter with two daisy chains.

Comes with all the velcro, no regrets for me.

I use a Boss pedalboard because it's compact, covers the pedals when they're not in use, and I'm not having to lug it around, so am not likley to run into the hinge problems they have. Given that I primarily run through a Vox Tonelab, it works great for me.

pedals-1.jpg

Having said that, though, I'd probably suggest you just buy some velcro and make one. It's not that hard. If you use a TU-2, it will power up to 6 pedals, but there are lots of good power source options. It also allows you to use a wide variety of cases to haul it around in.

For a 5 or 6 pedals I found the Gator Pedal Tote a pretty good deal.

2200869550100337768S500x500Q85.jpg

2165488920100337768S500x500Q85.jpg

2476528940100337768S500x500Q85.jpg

Right around $100 and it comes with the Gator BUS-8 for power. That's it mounted on the bottom of the board, which is nice since it doesn't take up any pedal room. Plus it all zips up in a really nice Digi-camo bag that holds all the cables I need to make it all work.

It'll have to do 'till I can get that Bradshaw Switching System I been wantin' [biggrin]

I know that you are asking for pedalboards but I think that Boss GT-10 or a POD X3 live will serve you better

Not if you prefer Single Pedals over a Digital Workstation. Personally I find the All-in-One pedals to be sterile and impersonal.

Archived