Gibson Brands Forums

Old Epiphone Slash Signature

ryan_mason21

Hi,

1st post on the forum. Just wanted to know if anybody could give me a bit more information on this guitar. Ive been told its rare and that the sound of this guitar is 10/10. Also is anyone interested in buying one? I have one in great condition that I am willing to sell for the right price if anyone is interested.

Thanks

Heres a look at one that I have found on the web

http://erikguitars.com/catalog/product_info.php?products_id=108&osCsid=21a2fcac7d71ed9e06a23f0c122905c2

Hi everybody. New forum member here. Been playing Epiphone for a long time. I actually own one of those and play it very regularly. I did do some upgrades to it, as some of the hardware broke or shorted out on me over time. I had to put new tuners on it, and a new input jack.

I also swapped out the pickups for a 57 Classic Plus in the bridge and a 496R in the neck. The neck pickup also has a coil tap in it. Also changed the pickup rings to creme, because it looks more like the Gibson version with them. Kept all the original stuff in case I ever want to sell it, but I don't think it's going anywhere. It was my first "real" electric, so it definitely has some nostalgia. If anyone wants pics, let me know and I can take some.

Bit too rich for me, the one on the website you linked has been for sale for a long time so don't use that as any kind of bench-mark. They tend to go for sub £300 on ebay, there was one on there last week that hadn't sold at £200 despite being listed twice.

I would stick it on the bay if I were you and try your luck, you could always set a decent reserve.

• 1 year later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I posted this in the trading post, but I'll post here as well. I am looking for the Slash Snakepit Epiphone. I had one when I was younger and had to sell it and am trying desperately to find another one. If anyone has info on where I could find one please let me know.

Thanks!

Kyle

• 2 weeks later...

Archived