Gibson Brands Forums

Here are a few Gibson pics from the Booth at the 2008 NAMM show

onewilyfool

Onewileyfool-Stop, stop, you're killin' me. I now have terminal GAS. What absolutely beautiful guitars! I really love the blonde, rather plain looking J-200 with the reddish pickguard. Would that be the TV model? How about the black one with the stars all over the place? The one Karen pointed out next to it caught my eye too. It's definitely a round shouldered dred, my favorite. How great would it be to have all of them hanging on your wall waiting to be picked and strummed. I'm with you, Karen, I'm going out to get my lottery tickets right now!!

Now, now, TWilson. You keep drooling all over yourself and there's no way they'll let you in the back room at Music Villa during the Homecoming. They've usually got a Gibson Masterpiece, as well as some other models just as nice as the ones in these pictures. Learn to control yourself. You've got 4 1/2 months to work on it.

Onewileyfool-Stop' date=' stop, you're killin' me. I now have terminal GAS. What absolutely beautiful guitars! I really love the blonde, rather plain looking J-200 with the reddish pickguard. Would that be the TV model? How about the black one with the stars all over the place? The one Karen pointed out next to it caught my eye too. It's definitely a round shouldered dred, my favorite. How great would it be to have all of them hanging on your wall waiting to be picked and strummed. I'm with you, Karen, I'm going out to get my lottery tickets right now!![/size']

If you win the lottery and get that gorgeous fancy one, are you going to bring it to the Homecoming?? :-k/ I can't stop going back and staring at it.... it's so beautiful. I'll bet I dream about it tonight LOL

Ok, Mike, I've got it all under control now! I'm biting on a bullett and watching Wheel of Fortune. My mind is now completely numb, no thoughts at all!

Dear, dear Karen, Yes, I'll bring all of them to Homecoming in an airconditioned, humidity-contrtolled limo. (Might as well dream BIG, eh? LOL)

thought it looked familiar' date=' mine is one of the 24 tooo:) [/quote']

I thought I had remembered that you also had one of the 24, but didn't want to try and search the old forum to find out for sure. It is a favorite of one of my "Martin friends". I have to pat him down every time he leaves my house after a visit, as he's vowed to end up with it one way or the other.

Hey Mike....how does the sound on that Koa guitar of yours differ from your other J-45's? I played an all -koa Gibby at a local guitar shop and as beautiful as the wood was' date=' the sound was lacking....hope you got a good one!!![/quote']

I've got a great one. I would describe the sound between mahogany and rosewood. When you said that you played an "all-koa", was the top koa too? If so, I've heard that those really take a long time to open up, but when they do......watch out.

Archived