Gibson Brands Forums

SG vibrola??

aznxtasy341

You can't get one with the engraving from Gibson. I tried to a little over a year ago. I check with my local shop that is a Gibson dealer and they said that Gibson doesn't sell them. They gave me some run around that Gibson doesn't want anyone installing them but Gibson. But you can get a vibrola at All Parts, it's not a GIBSON, but unless you are willing to pay 3 grand for an SG from the Gibson custom shop, or 2 grand fro the Angus Young SG, unfortunately it's not gonna happen.

http://www.allparts.com/store/tailpieces-tremolo-tailpieces,Category.asp

Nickel are $150 and gold are $175.

I lucked out a year ago I was looking around at my local shop and they just happened to have a G-400 with a factory installed vibrola. So I grabbed it. I am thinking about getting another G-400, but I will most definitely put a vibrola on it. I love the feel of the vibrola a lot more than a Bigbsy or the tremelo on my Strat. I get a much better response.

The vibrola won't cover up the holes from the stop tailpiece though, one side will be visible, but I personally think they are worth it.

Burstbuckers-Body2.jpg

I have a LH gibson SG that I am thinking of adding a vibrola to...for all you lefties out there,

there is a guy on eb offering gibson NOS vibrola stopbar / string anchors (the part that the handle and strings

attach to) for $15...I picked on up and all I have to do now is get a maestro and switch out that part...

any good engraver could probably duplicate the lyre...

Archived