Gibson Brands Forums

I seen one!!!

matiac

A local authorized Epiphone dealer had a G400 Faded with a bound neck for 299.00, which I thought was a pretty good deal considering the other more expensive 'G's didnt have binding, which is not saying they weren't gorgeous guitars , but it begs the question, why don't they do it on all the SG models????

Nah, they only had the one, but that was a pretty good price, and they do look more SG-ish with neck binding, that was the first one I'd ever seen up close and personal, it looked really nice, was faded brown, kool little guitar.

I really like binding on the fretboard, too. I think it adds some class to it. This particular guitar is a fine SG. I picked it up when MF was blowing them out for $499. From what I understand the worn brown & worn cherry finishes were never available in the US until they discontinued the model & they sent the remainder of the inventory of these finishes from Japan. MF was the only place I saw them & they lasted about 2 weeks before they were gone. My brother has one just like this. I also have a cherry gloss elitist SG. I really don't know which one of the two I like better. They both play great!

if gibson hand more QC on their faded and did binding, and offered the brown in lefty, i would have one...

however they dont... i love the epi version.... only fear is that it will dent like a mofo.... i want one.... but what dont i want?? i mean seriously.

Well, you gotta do what you gotta do, and I look at it this way, there's plenty more SG's out there when (notice I said when) I get G.A.S. pains for another SG, which I'm sure I will at some point when I have the coin...besides, now I have these, and the pains not so bad.

300826693.jpg

Archived