Gibson Brands Forums

ugly guitars

dubstar

Hmm wonder where in that pile he would have placed my 'Frankenstein' creation... :D

frankfront.jpg

...not to mention the one I'm going to do next! =D>

S

Spud, you keep mentioning this... this... next project of yours...

Cmon, you gotta tell us what you're up too.. I'm getting all anxious...

Bob- I saw that one and thought of you SAX-ah-mah-phone

Goog find

Ha! You too, eh?

First thing I thought of was ol' Notes when I saw that one... Oh the irony, him playing that thing on stage and switching to his sax....

Now if only they could design a guitar shaped sax...=D>

Spud, don't know if I told you or not, you should enter that guitar in a couple art shows before you sell it. There are college level art profs using guitar decoration to teach design who would faint to see one of their students produce show a work. Name it. Something like "Post-industrial Rock". Seriously, I think it might win awards. It fascinates me, and I hate it - all at the same time. That's usually an indication knowledgeable people will appreciate it, right there. I think it has an ability to evoke emotion in the viewer. You know, I don't think my fingers would form a 13th chord on that guitar. Take it to a gallery. I've walked past several in Toronto before, and I think you've mentioned going there at least infrequently. Very good job, sir!

Yeah, fortunately it's one of those seventies SGs, not really anything über valuable, but nonetheless. The problem is there's too many themes... you've got 'Blues is Truth' and 'Crossroads' and then 'Delta Blues'... pick a message and go with it. And that is the skankiest looking broad I've seen in a long time.

Yeah' date=' fortunately it's one of those seventies SGs, not really anything über valuable, but nonetheless. The problem is there's too many themes... you've got 'Blues is Truth' and 'Crossroads' and then 'Delta Blues'... pick a message and go with it. And that is the skankiest looking broad I've seen in a long time.[/quote']

über valuable?? Haven't heard the word uber for a loooooong time.......J

Just goes to show that when it comes to guitars becoming your canvas, there are

a few "Rembrandts" out there that may even overstep the boundaries

of imagination.

I especially liked the "Tiger" LP / "Broken Wing LP", the other ones are..well..

still quite innovative.especially the "space ship"..the tone from this one must be

out-of-this world.

I'm amazed that JerryMac hasn't picked up a couple of these yet?

=P~

Spud' date=' don't know if I told you or not, you should enter that guitar in a couple art shows before you sell it. There are college level art profs using guitar decoration to teach design who would faint to see one of their students produce show a work. Name it. Something like "Post-industrial Rock". Seriously, I think it might win awards. It fascinates me, and I hate it - all at the same time. That's usually an indication knowledgeable people will appreciate it, right there. I think it has an ability to evoke emotion in the viewer. You know, I don't think my fingers would form a 13th chord on that guitar. Take it to a gallery. I've walked past several in Toronto before, and I think you've mentioned going there at least infrequently. Very good job, sir!

[/quote']

I agree.........I actully like it can keep looking at it. Real neat piece that a lot of art minded people would appreciate.

#49 was once a guild 12 string. That's such a waste. While some of the electrics just look over-the-top' date=' at least they still play. I can't see how those wires would give you any sound..[/quote']

I thought he had some clear plexi as the top to support the bridge as the wires didn't seem

heavy enough to support...300lbs or more of tension. Maybe I missed something.

I thought the battle axe (with the two sweet young models) was a hoot and so

was the "Ak47" or "M16"....nothing like bringing a "gun" to a knife..axe..fight! #-o

Hmm wonder where in that pile he would have placed my 'Frankenstein' creation... [-X

it was number 51...

Not that you should care but I think it's not that bad. Just think you should have chosen for either the "see-through" look, or the-welded-airplane-wing look. How do the soundholes affect the tone?

Archived