Gibson Brands Forums

ugly guitars

dubstar

I liked some of them, actually. Not the carvings though... but that's a style thing, that just wouldn't work for me.

#49 was once a guild 12 string. That's such a waste. While some of the electrics just look over-the-top, at least they still play. I can't see how those wires would give you any sound..

Oh dear ugly.

Looks like the only guitar on there that isn't a custom job is the Dean at #38. That one doesn't have the excuse of being an unfortunate result of someone's eclectic tastes, some suit at Dean actually thought people would buy that monstrosity.

To each their own.

Oh dear ugly.

Looks like the only guitar on there that isn't a custom job is the Dean at #38. That one doesn't have the excuse of being an unfortunate result of someone's eclectic tastes' date=' some suit at Dean actually thought people would buy that monstrosity.

To each their own.[/quote']

I'm pretty sure this is stock too...

m6jem20th.jpg

And this is just a regular Paul Gilbert model..

m11ibipgm100.jpg

Freakin' Ibanez...

Now to get off my arse and put the thing up on eBay...

Is that the reason you built it? How much do you expect to get for it?? I'm asking because I'm considering doing something similar... Building guitars with custom designs, paintjobs and such.. But I have no idea what kind of realistic value to place on something like that.. I mean, I could add up the hours that went into it and decide what kind of "wage" I want to make for my time.. But I don't think that'll come to an amount that most people would call "reasonable".. #-o

Then again, with eBay, who knows?

Then again' date=' with eBay, who knows?[/quote']

...precisely. The thing about eBay is that it maximizes your chances of connecting with the particular buyer who will pay the price for what you have to offer, especially for those 'specialty' items.

Archived