Gibson Brands Forums

Old Forum To Be Shut Down In Two Weeks

guitarstrummer

Gibson Customer Service just announced on the old Gibson Forum that the old forum will only be up and running for approximately two more weeks. If anyone has any old posts they'd like to save, you might want to copy them before it's too late.

http://www.gibson.com/relations/forum/index.asp?sub=show&action=posts&fid=4&tid=217174

Gawd I hate the thought of losing all of that info' date=' but I guess that's the way it goes.[/quote']

Me too. Years of wonderful chit-chat that we all enjoyed so much, just gone with the click of a button. Sad. The story of how I got my guitar.... gone in an instant. That was a special day to me.

Hey wait! Did they say it would be eliminated, or did they say we could no longer post there? Maybe it will remain in 'cyber space archives'??

I think, if the old messages can't be easily imported, that the old forums should keep it as a searchable archive with no ability to make new posts - lots of great info there.

This happened more than once to well-known bass forum - I no longer post there, since if I take the trouble to make an informative post, I expect it to be available for searches down the road.

Archived