Gibson Brands Forums

Times are tough

The Chicago area Craigslist is going nuts. I can actually buy used equipment on the list for more than I can pay for it new in a music store. Sarcasm.... sadly but true. I can buy a 1998 MIM Strat for 450.00 all original with the usual bumps chips etc...

The Chicago area Craigslist is going nuts. I can actually buy used equipment on the list for more than I can pay for it new in a music store. Sarcasm.... sadly but true. I can buy a 1998 MIM Strat for 450.00 all original with the usual bumps chips etc...

Boy, that's the truth!! You really have to watch sellers on E-bay and craig's list, pricing!

And, as to a glut of stuff being unloaded...that will, I'm afraid, only get worse!

(Or, better, depending on how you look at it?) That, and if there is even an "idea"

(doesn't have to be true) that an older version (Old Korean vs. New Chinese)

guitar is "better," that will drive the prices up, too. Definitely, "buyer beware!"

CB

There was someone last week selling a Squier Afinity with a single Duncan hot rail bridge pickup. He did not have the original parts and was asking 350.00. What are they thinking......

"Dude, it's a Custom Vintage, like....one of a kind!" LOL!

But, I guess...nothing ventured, nothing gained?

CB

No' date=' they all have a magic formula. Original cost + cost of modifications + appreciation = asking price. Well, you don't expect them to improve the guitar that much, and then sell it for LESS, do you?

[/quote']

You forgot they are all tone monsters and play like buttaaaaaaaaaaa..........

How can so many bad guitars be so good.........

Archived