Gibson Brands Forums

Flying V Custom Pick Guard

JRizZ

Hey everyone :) Does anybody know where I can get a new pick guard for my 1998 Flying V? The stock white one was never very good looking - with rough edges - and it marked very easily. I am thinking about getting a blasck one, or maybe dark red, but the first thing I need to know is where they are available!! There are none that I can see on eBay. I know that I have little chance to get hold of one from here in England, so like most of the other parts on my guitars that I have added it seems like this will need to come in from the States. This is the last stage in the V's makeover - help!!

By the way, this is not a Korina V

Thanks for that! WD and All Parts don't seem to have the right shape guard for my V, and as you say they are both expensive! Looks like maybe I'll have to order a blank and get cutting myself!!!

Just in case anyone else ever has this problem again - here is what I ended up with in the end:

http://www.stewmac.com/shop/Pickguards/Pickguard_materials/2/Laminated_Pickguard_Materials/Pictures.html#details

The main problem I found was that because the pickguard is SO large (compared to things like a Strat / LP / SG etc) that buying a blank pickguard big enough to replace the stock Flying V one was fairly hard.

Anyway, at the Stewart MacDonald website they had just what I needed! My V is going to look as good as it sounds as soon as this arrives!

Archived