Gibson Brands Forums

Testing the Waters for Possible Sale

mclmk8d

I am thinking about selling my 1996 Epi Les Paul Ltd Ed to buy a USED Gibson 336. I have had it professionally maintained since I got it 4 years ago. The pickups have been changed out to Gibson zebra 57 Classic at the neck and 57 Classic Plus at the bridge, and the tone is incredible. I am thinking about putting in new tuners (maybe TonePros Kluson). Other than that, it comes with a classic Gibson TKL brown HSC (with the magenta fuzzy insides!), an extra nickel 57 Classic Plus, and extra Gibson nickel pickup cover. The color is an ever-changing turquoisewith great flaming, with just a couple of slight dings and a bit of very light surface buckle rash. I have attached some thumbnail pics: click on for full size.

Extra pickup and cover:

p1000066medub0.th.jpg

p1000068six4.th.jpg

Guitar

p1000076snm9.th.jpg

p1000075sjs5.th.jpg

p1000064she6.th.jpg

Headstock : serial number L6100812

img09332gh.th.jpg

Well, if you can end up with a 336...

Thing is, usually, nobody is going to give you anything extra for the aftermarket pickups, so your best bet before selling the Epi would be to put the original pickups back in, unless you can afford to wait around and find the right buyer who will appreciate the improvement that these pickups represent.

+1 on RotcanXs idea.

If I were you I would keep the Epi stock dont upgrade the tuners, put the stock pickups back in and sell the it that way. Then you could sell the Gibson pickups by themselves, I think you would get more money that way.

Very nice guitar mate. If i hadnt already bought my honeyburst LP i would of been interested for sure with all the mods.

Hard one to say really. If you get someone who will know what the mods are and what there worth you'll be laughing. Otherwise you'll get someone after a bargin, maybe a first guitar who thinks it sounds good cos of the mods but dont know what they can do for the sound.

Hopefullly someone on here would want it.

I love the colour but had never seen one before when i got mine.!

Good luck selling

Well' date=' if you can end up with a 336...

Thing is, usually, nobody is going to give you anything extra for the aftermarket pickups, so your best bet before selling the Epi would be to put the original pickups back in, unless you can afford to wait around and find the right buyer who will appreciate the improvement that these pickups represent.[/quote']

+2 on that.

Well' date=' if you can end up with a 336...

Thing is, usually, nobody is going to give you anything extra for the aftermarket pickups, so your best bet before selling the Epi would be to put the original pickups back in, unless you can afford to wait around and find the right buyer who will appreciate the improvement that these pickups represent.[/quote']

I sold the original pickups last year...I'm in no rush.

I'm thinking about selling to find something with a thinner neck....my fingers aren't as dexterous as they used to be and it is more difficult for me to play the baseball bat Epi neck.

Archived