Gibson Brands Forums

Guitar World Honors The Prophecy Line With Gold Award!

iansmitchell

http://www.epiphone.com/news.asp?NewsID=1305

" Be sure to check out the October 2008 issue of Guitar World. On page 166, Chris Gill reviews the entire Epiphone Prophecy line and awards it the coveted Guitar World Gold Award for overall value! Here are a few of Chris's comments:

"With the introduction of it's new Prophecy Series solidbody electrics, Epiphone has shattered the price/quality barrier."

"...the Prophecy models offer the features and craftsmanship of custom guitars, yet they're priced to compete with most companies' entry-level models."

"No matter which Prophecy model you choose, you get the same smooth-playing fast action on every guitar."

"When it comes to killer pickup tone, the Prophecy models offer players a buyer's market."

"Epiphone's Prophecy guitars compare favorably with guitars costing two, three even four times as much. They offer such incredible value that they'll make you forget the recession."

In addition to the incredible print review, Tech Editor Paul Riario conducts a video review of the entire line on the accompanying CD... ending his review with the comment, "Epiphone's brand new Prophecy series of guitars offer all the eye-catching and traditional designs and innovative features that speak to the modern guitar player." "

Also, there's a video.

"...the Prophecy models offer the features and craftsmanship of custom guitars' date=' yet they're priced to compete with most companies' entry-level models."[/quote']

At 600 bucks these are not priced as entry-level models and he's a stone cold idiot if he thinks the craftsmanship of the Prophecy models can be compared to custom guitars. I've seen some pretty dodgy finishes on Prophecies and I also doubt that a custom guitar would have a veneer top.

Epiphone is really reaching out to the shred heads amongst us (count me out) but i really think they missed the boat as far as the phenomenon of kids getting into heavy metal ,it seems to me the kids are now after that indie sound or back to basics style that is prevalent now ie,a stock les paul,sg or tele custom seems to do the trick.what do you guys think??

Archived