Gibson Brands Forums

Which Amp?

OhioSlashFan

Musician's Friend is where I usually get my stuff - free shipping too over $100

http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/Epiphone-Valve-Junior-Combo-Amp?sku=480260

WOW - just noticed the price increase (they were $149.00!)

I got my V3 on Ebay for $92 (slightly used but still had the tags on it - original box, etc) and because it was local - no shipping!

EBAY is great on prices

VALVE JUNIOR AUCTION

this Ebay one is unfortunately NOT a V3 (either a V2 or V1). The V3's have nothing written on the RED POWER SWITCH (V1 and V2 have I/O written on them) and the V3 has an "Eminence Inside" Logo on the FRONT bottom right (like the MF one I linked you to)

NOW this one is a V3 (Free Shipping Too):

V3 AUCTION

I just missed a V3 a few weeks ago that "Wasn't Working" said "Lights Up but no sound" - Most of em are a simple FUSE HOLDER issue (a common problem with the VJ's) - that one went for $50 + $20 Shipping - I'd like another one to do a STEREO DELAY setup. The $199 is nothing though for a V3 - they're worth every penny!

I might be a little bit late on this thread. But anyways, I play my gibson SG special through a MT-2 Metal Zone into a V3 Head/Cab and let me tell you, I have never heard such great metal tone. I have the volume set to about 9 o clock, so the amp is still clean, but engage that metal zone and man. The VJ reallly takes pedals well and truly for the price I paid. about 350 for the amp and pedal, its the best really metal deal.

Archived