Gibson Brands Forums

3 hb pickup holes to fill...

Stevie Nazarenie

new mod! i was going to have 3 p90's in a guitar and have a 5 way selector fender style. but now i'm not sure. if i do settle for 3 p90's i have neck and bridge pickup already but what about mid pickup do i buy another neck or bridge?

also what would be your dream hb pickup combo and wiring if you had 3 spaces to fill?

No offense but how many times are you going to ask the same question?=D> I gave you the best way to wire 3 pickups on a 3 way switch with 4 controls ...and the Gibson stock schematic already. With a five way and 3 single coil p-90's it's pretty much a strat style schematic....what else do you need to know?? Usually people put a lower value pickup in both the middle and neck positions than the bridge......other than that I can't think of anything you haven't already been told and shown how to do with schematics on other threads.

seems i just won some filtertron style pickups. i don't know if it is just cosmetic or the sound also. so i've got the choice of these or the p90's. these are splitable so i may tap them. but i have done lots of searching on string spacing for mid pickup. does it matter if you use a neck pickup for the mid position? i guess it wouldn't be too far off and no one seems to sell a mid pickup anyway as a humbucker. are bb pickups for mid position just the neck version? if so i have a couple of pickups hanging around. and i can try these out until i decide if i want to buy another p90.

Archived