Gibson Brands Forums

Where Do They Go

Just Strum

I also leave one stuck in the strings on the first fret. I buy about 6 dunlop tortex each time I go to the music shop, I manage to keep the one that's on the guitar, but like one of the earlier posters, my cat likes to chase the spares around the house with her paw. There are probably a dozen or so hidden under sofas.

I also leave one stuck in the strings on the first fret. I buy about 6 dunlop tortex each time I go to the music shop' date=' I manage to keep the one that's on the guitar, but like one of the earlier posters, my cat likes to chase the spares around the house with her paw. There are probably a dozen or so hidden under sofas. [/quote']

I have two problems with the local music shop

1) A music professor at Kent State comes in every time they have a new shipment of picks and completely empties out the Stubby 1.0 bin of picks.

2) Last time I went there to get picks I came home with a guitar and forgot to buy picks.

I actually still have a good number of picks from the Seventies. I have an affection for Dunlop Hot Licks Copper picks but they are out of production so I guard the five or so I have like gold. And Just Strum..if you are referring to Woodsy's in Kent, they are the only local shop where I can find Herco Gold Flex 50s (Neil Young's pick).

I actually still have a good number of picks from the Seventies. I have an affection for Dunlop Hot Licks Copper picks but they are out of production so I guard the five or so I have like gold. And Just Strum..if you are referring to Woodsy's in Kent' date=' they are the only local shop where I can find Herco Gold Flex 50s (Neil Young's pick).[/quote']

That would be the place. I love going down there, but it is a den filled with evil temptation of ladies with 4, 5, 6, 7, and 12 strings (although I am more a 6 string guy myself). Just one lap dance with one of the Gibson ladies and look out.

Sure, stop in to get some pics, and you are lured into the adult section of archtops, hollow body and the tempting semi hollow body.

Archived