Gibson Brands Forums

Replacement Pickguard for Epiphone LP Junior DC

jimdye

I just managed to snag a used Epiphone Les Paul Junior DC pretty cheap at a local used guitar shop. It is in decent shape, but is missing the original pickguard as seen below. Does anyone have a recommendation on a good place to get a replacement?

Thanks

20081112-tc26rjt8ghmespdxm6cqhqtqw6.preview.jpg

Since you're in Nashville, I'd go to Gibson/Epiphone, and talk to them.

The actual Gibson double cutaway pickguard won't work, because (for one thing) the

space between the end of the neck, and the end of the fretboard is too narrow,

on your Epi, for the Gibson one, to fit. The holes could be different, too.

If Epiphone has no replacements, then you'll probably have to have one

custom made? Maybe other's here, have a good source for discontinued Epiphone

guitar parts?

CB

Sent you a PM.

If someone in here with one would make a trace, or if you make one yourself, I can build it for you.

Sweet looking guitar.

Neither wd or allparts makes that epi guard.

If someone will make a good trace, I'll build you a guard, then send the trace to WD so they can list it themselves, too.

TWANG

maybe try this place...they seem to have every type of pick guard and what ever material you may ever need: http://pickguards.us/index.html

Hope that helps. If not, Twang is a good guy and will do you right.

If by chance you can't find one...you might wanna just let me buy it from you, I do like that lil DC guitar, even without the pick guard :) Is it a bolt on or set neck?

Capt

Thanks, everyone. TWANG is going to help me out with the pickguard. (Thanks, TWANG!)

Captmidnight: It's a set neck model. See a couple of other pics below. It has been well loved. Someone even scratched out the serial number, so she may have been hot at one point during her travels. There are plenty of little scratches everywhere, a bit of fret wear, replacement (gold!) grover tuners, a couple of missing screws, some stickers, etc.... However, it's very straight and plays and sounds great! Lot's of character with this one. I was lucky to find her.

20081113-ef9sbgytpgewn6n6ntgr988bu7.preview.jpg

20081113-nn68pm8qsjatxw853g231xag2w.preview.jpg

Archived