Gibson Brands Forums

My New firebird!

Muskank Sally

I got this N.O.S. Firebird Studio in Worn Cherry for $273. Case for $89(TKL made)

This studio plays very nicely, has great action, and a neck like silk.

it may take some getting used to the strap because it hangs differently than a Les Paul or SG.

Anyways, I am very happy right now!

100_1320.jpg

100_1303.jpg

100_1304.jpg

100_1306.jpg

100_1317.jpg

100_1318.jpg

100_1319.jpg

HNGD!!! Looks great! How's the weight distribution? Balanced? Have you had a chance to

"Crank it up?" How does it compare to a LP or SG in tone? LOL...sorry, for all the questions,

but I've never owned (or even played, I don't think), a Firebird. But, I admit, your's looks really

nice...I like the "faded" finish, a lot!

Congratulations...

CB

HNGD!!! Looks great! How's the weight distribution? Balanced? Have you had a chance to

"Crank it up?" How does it compare to a LP or SG in tone? LOL...sorry' date=' for all the questions,

but I've never owned (or even played, I don't think), a Firebird. But, I admit, your's looks really

nice...I like the "faded" finish, a lot!

Congratulations...

CB[/quote']

Thank You!

It's balanced surprisingly well. None of the neck diving I've read so much about. The body has good weight.

Tone-wise I love it. The pickups are good, yet I'm getting an Duncan Distortion (SH-6) for the bridge and possibly just uncover the stock neck pickup. Maybe.

The Steinberger Gearless tuners may relieve my usual need for a TP-6 tailpiece. They turn so accurately it's great.

The neck has the snap of the SG. It's bottom end can be felt in your hands, and the sustain lasts.

The les paul feels a little thin in comparison.

I got this N.O.S. Firebird Studio in Worn Cherry for $273. Case for $89(TKL made)

This studio plays very nicely' date=' has great action, and a neck like silk.

it may take some getting used to the strap because it hangs differently than a Les Paul or SG.

Anyways, I am very happy right now![/quote']

Ah, man, GREAT PRICE-GREAT GUITAR! I just picked an Epi Firebird VII and I'm thinkin' its now my favorite axe in my arsenal. Congrats, Gas!

Archived