Gibson Brands Forums

Epiphone sighting: The Eagles!

FrankS1281734010

So my dad gets home from work today and tells me he scored two really great tickets from work to go see the Eagles tonight. I'm not a huge fan, but I can't ever turn down a free concert.

Anywho, mid-set, Joe Walsh pulls out one of the Epiphone Zakk Wylde bullseye deals. It was pretty cool seeing someone play something other than metal on one of those, and even cooler that he was playing an Epi instead of the Gibson one (which I have no doubt he could afford).

Anywho' date=' mid-set, Joe Walsh pulls out one of the Epiphone Zakk Wylde bullseye deals. It was pretty cool seeing someone play something other than metal on one of those, and even cooler that he was playing an Epi instead of the Gibson one (which I have no doubt he could afford).[/quote']

Kewl, howdit sound?

I see the latest video by the Kings of Leon features an epiphone too! I think the video is called "Sex on fire" if you wanted to look on youtube. I agree, it's nice to see a famous band choosing NOT to have Gibsons for all their players.

Joes used epis before. I think he had a white custom lp at one time. Was he in an ad for it.... or a guitar mag. article?

and I see bands on leno letterman etc. with epis now and then.. mostly semi hollows though.

TWANG

Archived