Gibson Brands Forums

Movie: The Killing of John Lennon

Johno

This will be released in theaters in the USA in January.

Filmed from 2002 to 2005 on location in New York, Hawaii and Georgia and in a studio set in London it premiered at the Edinburgh International Film Festival in August of 2006.

I don't know what took so long for it's big screen release. I guess it's played in Great Britain last year and in some film festivals since Edinburg '06.

Has anyone seen it?

Would you go see it?

I hear it's a pretty intense phycological study into the mind of MDC.

Lennon and Ono are played using shadow effect on actors.

MDC is played Jonas Ball.

This will be released in theaters in the USA in January.

Filmed from 2002 to 2005 on location in New York' date=' Hawaii and Georgia and in a studio set in London it premiered at the Edinburgh International Film Festival in August of 2006.

I don't know what took so long for it's big screen release. I guess it's played in Great Britain last year and in some film festivals since Edinburg '06.

Has anyone seen it?

Would you go see it?

I hear it's a pretty intense phycological study into the mind of MDC.

Lennon and Ono are played using shadow effect on actors.

MDC is played Jonas Ball.

[/quote']

Why should I give that prick, who should remain forever nameless, one more moment of notoriety? All I want is for him to slowly rot in prison in complete annominity knowing that there's someone just waiting to achieve their moment of notoriety by blowing his brains all over the pavement ...so he's at his best chance of freedom right where he is. I'm also most certainly not going to support some blood-sucking, conscience-less movie producer making a buck off this sense-less tragedy...what's next "9-11 The Musical" ? There's nothing more to know about the murder of John Lennon that would change anything and there's especially no need to understand the worth-less piece of sh!t who killed him.

Nelson

Nelson's comments likely explain why the film has limped around all this time trying to get widespread release. It's been met by fierce resistance. This will probably become very controversial in it's USA big screen release and probably won't make it past a few art house type theaters in limited release.

Nelson's comments likely explain why the film has limped around all this time trying to get widespread release. It's been met by fierce resistance. This will probably become very controversial in it's USA big screen release and probably won't make it past a few art house type theaters in limited release.

From everything I have read, the murder was relatively unremarkable. No conspiracy, no grassy knoll sniper, no government involvement. Just a prick with a handgun who shot Lennon in the back, hitting at least one major artery. It would be nice if the movie had thought to never use Chapman's name, but instead simply refer to him using a variety of derogatory nouns.

I am in complete agreement, with others, on avoiding this. Didn't they already do another film about the murder "Chapter 27" or some such? I heard it was a disaster...even as a "film," never mind the subject matter. I much prefer to watch the "Lennon" films, like "Imagine," or "John Lennon/Plastic Ono Band" about the making of that album, etc. Or, of course, The Beatles films...and documentaries. Celebrate his life, and what he left us, but...certainly NOT, the a..hole lunaprick. that took him from us!

CB

eh, there is a very good three hour beatles radio show here (NY) that first aired about 25 years years...great show

with lots of b-sides, rarities, and solo tracks...the host refuses even to mention the name of the person who

shot Lennon...good idea, I say (ignoring the shooter, that is)

it saved him from death on a toilet i guess...#-o

From what I have read of John, he had pretty well cleaned up his act after the birth of Sean. He got drug free, still maintained his recent weight loss (which probably resulted from the drugs a few years before), and was a devoted daddy. He did appear to have gone back to smoking. Smoking, for a lot of people, is an addiction that cannot be replaced by any other addiction. I think that if MDC hadn't murdered him, the smoking would have eventually caught up with him as it had George.

I have a group of colleagues who stand behind the main building a smoke every hour or so. Every year, there is one fewer of them in that group.

I think that if MDC hadn't murdered him' date=' the smoking would have eventually caught up with him as it had George.

[/quote']

Very possibly true...but then explain the relative longevity of Keith Richards, Ron Wood and so forth...? I have come to the conclusion (as a former 30 a day man), that smoking is more a psychological addiction than a physical one. The nicotine cravings wore off in 2003, but the need for a "ciggie" in moments of stress (or when out on the ale), never really goes away...

You're a biologist as I recall. Isn't there a need for a genetic predisposition towards smoking related illnesses?Perhaps John would have ended up as the chain-smoking Grandad who smokes three packs a day but lives to the age of 95 (a mythical character known to all smokers, but who never seems to actually exist in reality, sadly...(!))

Re: the film. Doubtless utter garbage, I'd go and see a sequel to Spongebob before dross of this type. Similarly, did anyone see the Brian Jones 'biopic' Stoned ? Unfortunately I did. Peurile beyond belief.

Very possibly true...but then explain the relative longevity of Keith Richards' date=' Ron Wood and so forth...? I have come to the conclusion (as a former 30 a day man), that smoking is more a psychological addiction than a physical one. The nicotine cravings wore off in 2003, but the need for a "ciggie" in moments of stress (or when out on the ale), never really goes away...

You're a biologist as I recall. Isn't there a need for a genetic predisposition towards smoking related illnesses?Perhaps John would have ended up as the chain-smoking Grandad who smokes three packs a day but lives to the age of 95 (a mythical character known to all smokers, but who never seems to actually exist in reality, sadly...(!))

Re: the film. Doubtless utter garbage, I'd go and see a sequel to [i']Spongebob[/i] before dross of this type. Similarly, did anyone see the Brian Jones 'biopic' Stoned ? Unfortunately I did. Peurile beyond belief.

I think it is 99% psychological. I smoked for a decade and was able to quit only by completely changing my lifestyle. My brother never could and died of lung cancer. He had what is called an addictive personality (could not do ANYTHING in moderation). And I know of people who quit for 5-6 years only to take up the habit again. Certainly no physiological addiction there...they wanted to smoke and that is that.

Asians seem to be far more tolerant of cigarette smoking healthwise, so there may very well be a genetic component to it. They still seem to ge the heart disease, but don't seem to get the lung cancer as much.

As for Keith Richards, he has got to be the craggiest looking dude on the face of the earth, at least for his age. A while back, he fell out of a tree and hit his head. David Letterman did a Top Ten List of the top ten things overheard in Keith Richards' hospital room. The two I remember are:

(1) Okay Mr. Richards, which drugs AREN"T you currently taking?

(2) Are you telling me that he looked like that BEFORE the accident?

Archived