Gibson Brands Forums

Factory Fitted Bigsby on LP Custom

ant7629

Anyone got one of these?

The reason I ask is because I ordered one in ebony for my dad and when it arrived it had very faint lines underneath the finish on the back. I would have been happy with it, but my dad wasn't so we sent it back. It came from Thomann who were great about sending another.

However, the replacement has arrived with the same lines on the back. It looks like the body is in three pieces, with a centre block running straight down the middle.

Are the customs built differently for the bigsby fitted ones?

I would be post some pics, but I am having a hard time trying to get them to show up on the camera!

Any help would be appreciated because I really don't want to be sending another guitar back to Germany if this is how they all are....

Well.. If it's on the back.. and I thought this was what the production run was like in general.. that I'd just get another one the same way?

then I'd look at the rest of the guitar.. see how much I liked everything else about it..

Obviously, you complained and returned, but Thomman didn't bother to look at the second one.

I know Sweetwater would have. They even post pics of the actual guitars they sell, not just file photos, and their sales reps will take the time to check.

you got yours from germany. I assume you're in the UK then.. so sweetwater is out, I guess.

Look.. that shouldn't be there. So it at least should have been sold as a second.

I would call them and say.. this is not first quality, either give me a discount, or let's call this off.. and by the way.. I've got some pretty high

shipping charges already so I think you should be generous with me.

have an idea in mind of what you think would be fair.. stick to it.

If you get no satisfaction, return the guitar, email epiphone directly and tell them the tale.

I think that's what I'd do.

TWANG

Thanks.

I guess its up to my Dad. Like you say, it is frustrating that they didn't check it before sending it out.

In all honesty, if it was mine, I would keep it because it is a really cool looking and playing guitar.

Guest alanhindle
Anyone got one of these?

The reason I ask is because I ordered one in ebony for my dad and when it arrived it had very faint lines underneath the finish on the back. I would have been happy with it' date=' but my dad wasn't so we sent it back.[/quote']

Is there any possibility I can adopt you as my son. Get rid of the Dad you've currently got- he's way too much trouble! I promise I won't complain about anything when you order my Gibson Les Paul for me.

Archived