Gibson Brands Forums

Weird Epi Logo

kelv_w

I just got my Epi LP Standard today from an authorised dealer/shop. However I noticed the logo is different. The letter 'O' has a gap at the bottom instead of the top. Anyone had the same thing? I hope it's not a fake #-o

Epi_HB_04.jpg

Pic of my axe

Epi_HB_01.jpg

Looks like the logo is tilted at the wrong angle... Knobs appear to be in about the right place though. Can you get us a pic of the serial number, and a straight-on pic of the entire

headstock and the body? The odd angle your pics are at make it hard to determine validity. Outside natural light is best, to avoid flash glare...

Alternatively, you could snap the neck off at the body joint... If the top is composite material instead of real wood, it's probably a fake. #-o

Fake or not(probably not), that's a darn pretty guitar. You should swap out the amber knobs for gold ones, you'll love the subtle change... I've got a standard honeyburst in a plain top, and the gold knobs made it look twice as sexy. Wish I had a plus top twin sister for her, but for now the one will do nicely, LOL!

Hmmmmm, I see what ya mean ...... the "gap" on my O is at the top ...... purchased from an authorized dealer in Jan ..... mine was manufactured in May of '07, if that might matter .... perhaps Epi switched the logo around at some point ?

I just got my Epi LP Standard today from an authorised dealer/shop. However I noticed the logo is different. The letter 'O' has a gap at the bottom instead of the top. Anyone had the same thing? I hope it's not a fake

lol that's weird man.. every thing else seems very real.. great looking axe man...i think that's fine..may be one of Epi's changed their logo or something...but if you got it form an authorized dealer it's genuine for sure.. btw great looking axe..=D>/ i can see you finger prints on the chrome tuners lol..

Archived