Gibson Brands Forums

2002 50th anniversary SCORE!!!!

briangg57

Hi guys, I'm new to this forum, in fact I'm new to epiphone, period!. But man, did I get lucky. Last week I went to a pawn shop and looked at the guitars for sale. I didn't see anything that interested me so I asked the guy if he had anymore that hadn't been put out yet. He said that he would check and when he did, he came out with a cheap gig bag at which time I wasn't very hopeful of seeing anything good come out of it but when he unzipped it and I saw this immaculate 2002 50th anniversary Les paul pop out, I had to contain myself and not show any emotion or else I knew that he would know that he had something good. So I said, Oh, an epiphone, don't you have a gibson or martin back there. He said no. So I said how much for this? He said $300.00 and I said how about $200.00 . He laughed and said $220.00 I said SOLD!!!!. This thing is TOTALLY MINT. Not even the slightest scuff. I brought it down to my Luthier and he gave me a big WOW!! With the new strings and set up he told me that he was really impressed and that he wouldn't hesitate to leave his Gibson home and gig with it in his band if it were his.

Sorry guys for the not so great shots, it's just that I use those darn energy saver bulbs and the lighting stinks for pics. Also, I didn't realize how dirty this guitar is until uploaded the pics on the computer. Oh well, it's after 12:00am so I'm gonna let it slide.

epiphone-13.jpg

Here's a shot of my guard snake, A beautiful southern copperhead.

epiphone-09.jpg

epiphone-07.jpg

epiphone-04.jpg

epiphone-03.jpg

epiphone-02.jpg

epiphone-01.jpg

DUDE WTF you have a copper-head kinda kool.. very dangerous to say the lease.. but whatever.. lol OH btw sexy *** guitar

I used to have 2 cobras that I got when I traded "Jake the snake Roberts" for my 13 ft. python that he used on TV. Then he paid me to have one of the cobras devenomized and he used that on TV also. That was 20 years ago. I had to get rid of them when I had kids. Now that they are grown, My VERY understanding wife said NO MORE COBRAS !!! but compromised on the copperheads> I have 6 baby northerns also. This spring I'm letting 4 of the babies go.

I used to have 2 cobras that I got when I traded "Jake the snake Roberts" for my 13 ft. python that he used on TV. Then he paid me to have one of the cobras devenomized and he used that on TV also. That was 20 years ago. I had to get rid of them when I had kids. Now that they are grown' date=' My VERY understanding wife said NO MORE COBRAS !!! but compromised on the copperheads> I have 6 baby northerns also. This spring I'm letting 4 of the babies go.[/quote']

very kool story i knew a kid well on his way to be a pre-herp that took a bite on the left index finger from a baby copper head that got him with one fang it was pretty much just bone under the skin... no muscle or fat anything last i heard he still had that snake and had a few really kick *** snakes from like Africa also at one time he said he had a eastern d-back rattler too..

your lucky.............................................=P~ =P~ =P~](* '](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,)

Yes, I think I did get pretty lucky with this one. The cool thing about it is that my Luthier said that it is basically an Epi. custom on steroids and he has set up a lot of them, some were really good and some were not so good. He said that this one is exceptional and that it should not only keep it's value but will probably go up in value since they only made 2002 of them.

Archived