Gibson Brands Forums

'59 Les Paul

IntelligentAl

I think Peter Greene used that year lp, too.

It's classic, iconic, and deserving.

If they made an epi like that..

and a close if not exact finish repro..

even though a veneered top..

just keep that body mahogany at least if they didn't offer the maple top..

I know.. that's a big part of the sound..but we aint gonna get it.

burstbuckers..or at least actual gibsons along the PAF line.

I'd buy one.

TWANG

I would definitely consider buying an Epi version. I know it wouldn't be exactly the same as a Gibson, and it's foolish to hope for that, but the '59 is the holy grail of guitars! I'm sure an Epiphone would be at least a step in the right direction.

It would be better than the Zack Wylde SG/Flying V thing, anyway...

Hi guys, I do have a 1959 Les Paul Reissue and I adore it! I also have the 1956 Reissue Gold Top with P90s and a couple of Elitist Les Pauls. The Elitists compete favorably with the Gibson custom shop guitars so one need not spend all that money unless said person absolutely needs the Nitro finish and Gibson headstock.

59lp1.jpg?t=1231973521

takr9.jpg?t=1231973560

r93.jpg?t=1231973592

Picture048.jpg?t=1231973700

Ayushpresley wrote "You know what svet....I hate you... man you've got some great collections..."

Sorry Ayush, I wish you didn't hate me! :D Thank you, I've been very fortunate is some aspects and I am very grateful that I've had the opportunity to assemble my collection.

Acewarslave wrote "hey svet love those guitars i have been fighting a major gas for a prs how do they compare with say a les paul gibson standard...."

Hi Ace, that PRS is a Custom 22 / 10 top and she is an absolute joy to play! The construction is superb as well and the visual cues are striking. As weird as it sounds she also smells as good as she sounds! The PRS is very light and feels very small. It is similar to playing an SG because of that and its ease of upper fret access. The guitar is more versatile however because of the five way rotary selector which also gives you coil splitting. It's a blast to play but I would have a hard time choosing one over the other. So I went with both! :) Here are some additional photos of the PRS:

prs1.jpg?t=1232064166

prstop.jpg?t=1232064225

r9prsback.jpg?t=1232064271

Itelligent Al wrote: "Wow, Svet! That '56 Goldtop and the '59 are very nice!" Thanks Al!

Here are some extras of the GT

gold4.jpg?t=1232064444

gold2.jpg?t=1232064514

gold3.jpg?t=1232064539

Ricmon and Steve Carzee wrote "sweet" and "nice guitars man" respectively,

Thanks guys!

Archived