Gibson Brands Forums

Epiphone Cornet

wrighty3693

Hi all,

I've just found an Epiphone Cornet at;

http://www.vintageandrareguitars.com/web/our-catalogue/Epiphone/Electric-guitars/item/5828

for all those who are looking for this guitar this may just be the ticket.

Wrighty2012

NOTE: I am not look for myself to personally buy thi it's for all you people that want one that sing it's praises.

Hi all' date='

I've just found an Epiphone Cornet at;

http://www.vintageandrareguitars.com/web/our-catalogue/Epiphone/Electric-guitars/item/5828

for all those who are looking for this guitar this may just be the ticket.

Wrighty2012

NOTE: I am not look for myself to personally buy thi it's for all you people that want one that sing it's praises.[/quote']

Hey Wrighty,...FYI these guys have a website and a London based shop which I pass by often and check there stock.

They are ridiculously expensive and try to charge aprox. double the going rate,...even in these Credit Crunch times :D

The last time I stopped by they had a beat up '74 walnut Gibson 355 w/ Maestro w/ narrow neck profile in lowsy condition for just under £ 5,000!!! (7,256.00 USD) about $3,000 over the mint asking rate. I know because I just sold a mint '70!!!!

Talk about a mark up!!!!!

Note:- I hope Wrighty doesn't own the place!!!!!

They may try and charge double the going rate but with these kinds of stores you can haggle with the

sales people. Which means that you can get them to bring the price down considerably thats why instead of

paying £500 for an Epiphone Les Paul Custom i got it for £350. One of the only product markets left that

you can haggle with.

P.S if i owned that store i wouldn't write about their guitars i'd be playing them.

Wrighty2012

They may try and charge double the going rate but with these kinds of stores you can haggle with the

sales people. Which means that you can get them to bring the price down considerably thats why instead of

paying £500 for an Epiphone Les Paul Custom i got it for £350. One of the only product markets left that

you can haggle with.

P.S if i owned that store i wouldn't write about their guitars i'd be playing them.

Wrighty2012

...Have you actually been in the Place???

It's one of those Vintage places that sells to London City Stock Brokers who have bucket loads of wedge and no clue!!! I tried to negotiate a discount on a '80's 335 about 12 months and the guy behind the counter told me to f@*k off!!!

Maybe times are alot tougher now in the so called "Vintage' market and anyway,...you are 100% right to recommend haggling.....

I've been in quite a few guitar stores but the London City Stock Brokers only see them as investments which is why the greedy

B*****d's in the store try charge you ridiculous ammounts. Which is why Northern Music are a good guitar store because they

have a very welcoming atmosphere and the staff don't mind young people going in and using a Marshall JCM 900 Stack for half

an hour the staff are genuine musicians not just greedy t**t's.

Wrighty 2012

Archived