Gibson Brands Forums

False Epiphon Les Paul Custom. HELP ME

SomaccesT

Hi guys.

I have a problem.

Today while i was on a epiphone owners forum i've discovered that maybe my epiphone custom les paul made in china is false.

the serial number on the back of headstock is this :

i've read that the serials numbers of the Epiphone made in China start with " EE "

my serial number have not letters on the beginning.

Can anyone tell me if i will to consider my Epiphone false or not

Ciao!

Don't despair, the serial number system is a bit chaotic. You can check yours on:

www.guitardaterproject.org/epiphone.aspx

The only problem is that not all of the Epiphone factories are in the data base. And checking the serial number doesn't guaranty that the guitar is real, as forgeries often have real numbers. The serial number is the easiest thing to forge!

Did you buy your guitar from an authorized dealer? If not, maybe you could write a mail to Epiphone, asking whether they have information on your serial number.

Ciao LHC, Jr. O:)

My suspects are begining when i've not found my serial number on that site !

Yes, the store seems good.

But i've read that the world is fuc**in full of fuc**in chinese fake epiphone #-o](*,) ](*,)

I belive that i will follow your suggest and send a mail to epiphone

thank you, Grazie 8-[O:)

Hey there, welcome to the forum !

Both Epiphone & Gibson have good pictures and info. on how to tell the real

thing from a fake.

Either website has a link somewhere on it titled something like....

"Epiphone(or Gibson)joins the fight against counterfeit guitars".

compare yours to the pics on the link...and, viola(!) there you have it.

post a pic or 2 of it either way.

Well like a couple of guys said there are no Letters and thats absolutely true...but I think because guitardaterproject.com is not updated yet it doesn't show up.. but you don't have to worry if it's a respected place or an Epi dealer then you don't have to worry .. post some pics here..and may be we could help..

I'm just curious, if an Epiphone (Les Paul) was bought from an authorised dealer in the UK, which stickers should it have on the headstock?

The guitar in question is a Quindao '07 Les Paul Studio. It just always puzzled me why mine had less stickers on the back of the headstock than others that I had seen on this forum. Is a UK bought LP supposed to have the sticker that says '100% inspected and set up in the USA by E', or am I being silly? Mine has 'Hand-Crafted in China' and 'Inspection Card QC' stickers on it. Is it supposed to have more?

I am not really in the know on this subject, and I always presumed that others had the 'Set up in the USA' stickers because they were bought in America, but maybe someone can enlighten me a bit more.

Here is an example of an '08 Daewon built LP.

I put this together because someone somewhere wanted to know

"How To Spot A Daewon built LP"

It has no prefix letter anymore' date=' neither does Unsung China built Epi's.[/quote']

How do those stickers differ from others? And will they always be the same? How do you know?

How do those stickers differ from others? And will they always be the same? How do you know?

Generally you can tell by placement, and not all are the same as the other. The thing that gives away Daewon is the 'inspected by Gabor/China', the same sticker I've seen on many off-brand guitars including Jay Turser. These seem to be arranged the same every time, as does the Unsung China plant.

If I have time later I'll go pick through some more Sweertwater serials ...or maybe you could do that just to answer your own question.

If I have time later I'll go pick through some more Sweertwater serials ...or maybe you could do that just to answer your own question.

Nah. I just like finding out about ridiculous minutae regarding Asian guitars' date=' which factory they were made at (as if it really matters), etc.. Stickers are what I judge all [i']my[/i] stuff by.O:)

Archived