Gibson Brands Forums

Which looks better, The white Epi studio? or the white Gibson Studio?

Sinb

It's kind of like a pretty girlfriend or wife. they aint any good if they don't put out.

Which brings to mind another thought regarding ladies - "Remember, no matter how GOOD she looks, there's

someone out there who is tired of her sh*t...".

Women are like guitars because... (Y'all fill in some blanks. I'm interested to see what train of thought is operating

out there...).

Women are like guitars because...

1. They only come with strings attached.

2. If you don't care for them, they play like crap.

Etc, etc...

IMO' date=' nothing is prettier than a Gibson Les Paul with gold hardware[/quote']

Until the hardware gets all old and pitted looking. You know, like in about six months, LOL. I didn't have my Studio for 4 months before all the gold started looking pitted and nasty. Green spots and everything. Granted, I didn't always wipe it down 100% after playing, but you shouldn't have to detail a new car every time you park it in the driveway to keep it nice. Chrome hardware for me please.

Actually' date=' I was just talking to the guys at my local Gibson dealer, and they were saying that Gibson just put out a memo that they are discontinuing gold hardware on everything but the custom... So the white/chrome combo will be the norm from now on. Sweet deal for me, that means it won't be a special order when I finally get around to getting one, LOL!

Then it'll just be a matter of deciding what wood to make my pickguard and truss rod cover out of this time... Maybe instead of padouk I'll use a flame maple, and try my hand at a sunburst finish. A sunburst finish pickguard on a white studio would be pretty hot, IMO!

[/quote']

yeah but they have also discontinued a lot of the studios colours including Alpine white. They only come in like two colours - Black, some ugly fade cherry colour. So if you want a white studio you'll have to go to the used market with gold hardware.

PS: has anyone notice how slow the Gibson website is and this one (pathetic - that why I hardly come here now)

Archived