Gibson Brands Forums

Epi hollowbodys and wireless systems

Hiberna

is it me or are epiphone getting a little... un-inovotive with hollowbodys nowadays. I dont think the've released a completely new one for ages since they seem to have started following the metal trend with all those prophecy and futura signitures and stuff but still. It would be nice to see a few hollowbodys that didnt think it was still the 1950's but still, thats what makes up most of their charm i soppose.

also, im sick of wires breaking on me so im gonna invest in a wireless system but which? i dont wana pay loads upon loads either, i saw this one which looked like it would do the job but what do you guys think?

http://www.thomann.de/gb/the_tbone_ews_16gt.htm

I can't help you with the wireless system, since I've never used one myself. But on the subject of Epiphone bringing out a new hollowbody, I kind of agree with you. Don't get me wrong, I love the 335 style guitar and have been thinking about getting one, but it does seem like Epiphone hasn't really offered anything new in that area for a while. In my opinion, anything would be better than these 'metal' type guitars that they have been coming out with lately, but it would be nice to see a new hollowbody in the near future, just for a change.

Think about it, Epi!

all of y'all that have grown tired of your dbl/cut hollow/semihollows............i'll send you my address,

and $0.50 on the dollar purchase price for them ](*,)

Maybe i'm just old fashioned, but the designs from the 50's, still turn me on.......

LP's Teles'335 copies even V's & Strats

I use a Shure PGX series wireless, without any problems. I bought mine gently used from a friend for 100 bucks though, I think they're more like 350 new. Well worth it though... With wireless, you definitely get what you pay for and nothing more. I've had the cheaper wireless systems, they're no good for anything more than walking from room to room at home while you practice. I would recommend investing at least 300 in a good system, you'll thank yourself later. If you're not sure why, watch the naval base performance scene of Spinal Tap again. Nigel's solo? Same thing happened to me at a gig. That was the last night I owned my 99 dollar Nady wireless.

I've been using an AKG DW1000 for over two years with no problems. It's a rather low end product in terms of features, but it's reliable and the audio sounds like wired. It's a single channel, single antenna, plain jane unit. I think mine has been replaced by a new model. I play in the same area all the time, so there's no problem with interference. Even with this lower end unit, I can wander 200' and not have dropouts.

I agree with Zero. If you buy one, spend another $100 and get dual diversity and enough channels to keep you in business when there are others playing the same venue.

Archived