Gibson Brands Forums

Blues Master on ebay

ajsc

Nice looking guitar. Looks to be a bargain at that price.

Pete (or anyone else), I gotta ask you:

The specs say the nut is 1 7/8" (!!!!!!!!). I have played one or two, like I've said, but can't say that it struck me as all THAT wide. maybe that's why I was so impressed with how it played.

Is that accurate? Very rare to see a neck that wide these days--was expecting 1 3/4 (=1.75, but you knew that) and am wondering if this is a misprint.

The only other flattop in recent years that I can think of that wide is the Martin Geoff Muldaur model.

Pete (or anyone else)' date=' I gotta ask you:

The specs say the nut is 1 7/8" (!!!!!!!!). I have played one or two, like I've said, but can't say that it struck me as all THAT wide. maybe that's why I was so impressed with how it played.

Is that accurate? Very rare to see a neck that wide these days--was expecting 1 3/4 (=1.75, but you knew that) and am wondering if this is a misprint.

The only other flattop in recent years that I can think of that wide is the Martin Geoff Muldaur model.[/quote']

Breedlove offers a 1 7/8" nut/neck width on their Revival series 000 model. I was looking for as close to a "steel-string classical guitar" as I could get, this one feels, plays and sounds very good.

This was, however, a custom shop piece (but I think their standard/stock Revival 000's are also available in this optional width).

Dugly 8-[

My Blues Master has a nut width wider than my other 1.75 guitars. I think it is probably 1 7/8, or thereabouts. Of course, you won't see a neck that wide these days aside from Godin products (Art & Lutherie, Seagull, etc). Their nut width is 1.8 or so.

• 1 month later...
hi. new here. i placed a bid on the guitar u all were chattin about. i had a nice email exchange with him and without any prompting he told me his reserve price.

gibson

gibson

breedlove

harmony

art&lutherie

epiphone

Yeah ???!!!??? O:)

No way would I pay $500 for a laminated guitar.

I would spend 500 on a laminated guitar if it had the sound I was looking for. My favorite guitar is a laminated guitar--art and lutherie AMI. AMI's sell for around 250.00 new... maybe they're a bit more now.

Geelinus, why wouldn't you pay 500 for a laminated guitar?

I have a 1994 Blues Master. I love it. I like the wide neck' date=' the short scale, the sound, and the size of the guitar. What more could I ask? I would not sell it for a mere $500.[/quote']

Cool Pete. i have a 1994 bluesmaster too and like you, i like the neck width and size of guitar (parlor=d> .) Do you have a natural finish or sunburst?

Archived