Gibson Brands Forums

Wow! 1946 Epiphone Zenith

Gashole

By the looks of that guitar it would be a country' date=' or maybe a jazz guitar.

Is that right?

I don't know an awful lot about those old guiars.[/quote']

Sure. Or blues or even some rockabilly too. Looks pretty! I have a Jay Turser jazzbox that is trying to be like that...but it ain't a hair on that Zenith's butt!

I know lots of folks who have bought these old guitars cuz they wanted a "vintage" instrument and these are in comparison to other makes pretty affordable. Most end up not very happy cuz these really are jazz boxes.

Then again, with all the FX, processors, equalizers and other nonsense out there I am not sure it really matters what guitar you buy anymore.

.....Then again' date=' with all the FX, processors, equalizers and other nonsense out there I am not sure it really matters what guitar you buy anymore.[/quote']

No doubt! I sincerely enjoy the dropped jaws when I pull out my Turser jazzbox, crank the gain and effects and sound VERY unjazzmanlike w/ that conservative looking one pickup axe. It's fun. Then I can stumble through real jazz later on in private when nobody is around to wince.

Archived