Gibson Brands Forums

Samick semi-hollow?

wardog

ok, advice. i ran across a semi-hollow in wine red by samick. very nice and in great condition. I have heard some mention of samicks here but, need more infor on them. price was 499 in store, at one time was listed as 599, but owner will drop to sell.

What yall's opinions please. i am not familar with samick.

The set-neck Samick semi-hollows are generally quite good, whether the older double-cut 335 style or the newer Greg Bennett Royale series. There are also some lower-end bolt-on models out there, which I wouldn't especially recommend.

it is a dble cut 335 and had a nice flower inlay on headstock like the sheratons. what about price. sellig for 499 but, he is willing to drop. want to get rid of eectric stock to sell bluegrass instruments only. small shop, has been in business for 40 yrs. not sure on age of samick, but, it looks great. he also had a sivler sparkle aira lp copy. never heard of that brand either.

Jeff, i think i might. Think, the owner is trying to redo has invent and planning to liquidate what he has, even at a lose. again a very small shop. I want alittle more info about git before i thing about buying. i will try to find a photo in google.

http://www.sulit.com.ph/index.php/view+classifieds/id/1113699/Beautiful+Samick+Artist+SAN-450+ES335+Electric+Guitar+w/+HSC

That model Samick (SAN-450) should go for no more than $400 if in like-new condition. Used ones in good shape sell regularly on eBay for $250 to $350 without a case.

If it has gold hardware insead of chrome, and flamed or figured wood, it's a SAT-650 and worth a bit more.

Archived