Gibson Brands Forums

EPI SG GAS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

unreal77

I caved. I saw on Ebay an Epi SG with the Maestro vibrola? or lyre? I dont know.

Cherry red and chrome hardware. It looks so good that I even forgot about the ugly headstock.

Wish I had the money to buy it...

Maybe my jazzmaster can go....

I caved. I saw on Ebay an Epi SG with the Maestro vibrola? or lyre? I dont know.

Cherry red and chrome hardware. It looks so good that I even forgot about the ugly headstock.

Wish I had the money to buy it...

Maybe my jazzmaster can go....

Aw man, don't sell your Jazzmaster for that. Besides, your Jazzmaster's a 1996 - which must mean it's one of the Japanese imports that you can't get hold of anymore. I had a 1997 Japanese Jaguar in Candy Apple Red which I bought in London and brought home with me. Lovely guitar, much nicer than the new Classic Player's models and a lot cheaper too, given today's crazy prices. I really, really wish I still had that guitar.

You can buy a Lyre/Maestro vibrola from Allparts and (I think) 1 or 2 other suppliers, and just stick it on a regular G-400.

No' date=' i was kidding. That jazz stays with me.

But if I can buy the tremolo and stick it to a g400 it is something i can consider...

[/quote']

All Parts has them for $150, at least that's what they used to be last last time I checked. I have a G-400 with the Maestro and I love it. I will never sell it.

G-400net3.jpg

Another option might be a Vibra-Mate and a Bigsby B5. No holes to drill and about the same price. A lot easier to mount.

Archived