Gibson Brands Forums

Where to get goldtop?

Ian123

Hey all I dont know if this is where Im suposed to put this as I am new to the site. Im looking to get a '56 reissue somewhere online but Im not to sure where to look. Iv tried ebay but Im not sure if their real or copies, can anyone recommend a good site to buy one off? cheers

You'll want to buy it from an authorized Epiphone dealer in order to avoid a counterfeit

and to be covered by the warranty. For online, I recommend Sweetwater because of

their superior service. If you prefer to buy locally, most shops will match online prices.

Just a tip' date=' if you can't find one in the States, try Long and McQuade in Canada, they're owned by the Gibson/Epiphone distributer up here and they often still have outdated Epis in the system that aren't available in the US any more...plus, our dollar stinks again :0)[/quote']

I see that they've been discontinued and Sweetwater has none. Musician's Friend

apparently still has them. Better hurry!

If I were ordering a guitar online again, I think I'd buy a case and ask for the guitar to be shipped in the case. My Goldtop got shipped in the Epiphone box inside a larger box with only some crushed paper inside. The foam inside the Epiphone box was exploded into pieces from sliding around. Lucky as it was, the guitar didn't have a scratch. I was both shocked and amazed at the same time.

The '56 reissue Goldtop is a real bargain at $399 if you can find one. It's a great guitar, and one that comes with really good P90 pickups. By the way, it's the one in my Avatar.

Archived