Gibson Brands Forums

neck profiles

Guest icantbuyafender1281734135

Guest icantbuyafender

has anyone noticed that the G400 has a thicker chunkier neck than the sg special and sg310....

the wilshire too.....

they are noticeably thicker than my two LP standards, reissue LPjr, special II and flying V.

so my soon to be wilshire, my G400 , and my dot studio have thicker neck profiles.... hmm not a problem just wanted to check if anyone else kinda noticed that....

yes?

Yes, my G-400 has got a hefty neck on it. Much, much thicker than the SG Standard I was playing in GC yesterday morning. I don't particularly mind, but I have always noticed it. At some point soon the G-400 is going to be set up as my main slide guitar anyway - so I will live with it.

It's a paradox really. One of the original selling points of the SG was the slim neck. Epiphone seem to have gone to great lengths to recreate a 1950s Les Paul's half-sawn tree trunk...and then attach it to an SG body.

I have noticed the thickness of the G-400's neck much more since I bought my Hagstom Viking. The Viking has a neck like David Beckham's wife in the final throes of a hunger strike.

Yes and no. I have 2 G-400s, one has a thicker neck than the other. Several months ago I was in my favorite guitar shop and tried out a faded G-400. I should have snatched it up. The neck was nice and slim, it fit my hands perfect. But, for the most part the G-400s I have tried do have a chunky neck.

Yes and no. I have 2 G-400s' date=' one has a thicker neck than the other. Several months ago I was in my favorite guitar shop and tried out a faded G-400. I should have snatched it up. The neck was nice and slim, it fit my hands perfect. But, for the most part the G-400s I have tried do have a chunky neck.[/quote']

Agree,... My Faded G-400 has a nice thin neck. It's also fully bound. The thin necks seem to be on the faded models only.

I have yet to find a Faded Dot Studio with a thick neck. Mine was more like my Faded G-400. I'm beginning to think we're seeing some whatever neck is available here. Bad move on Epi's part , if that's the case.

Archived