Gibson Brands Forums

Epiphone Sheraton II scale length

Jan Raeven

I own a Korean built Epiphone Sheraton II. Contrary to the specification on the Epi website, my guitar has a 25.5 inch scale length. I assume the 24.75 inch scale length mentioned in the specs is correct. Does anyone know the story behind 25.5 scale Sheratons?

I went nut to bridge, there's no more than a quarter inch of possible error even measuring to the bridge. By the same measurement my Fender Jaguar was 24" and my Fender acoustic was 25.5", which is the specified scale length for each.

Facts are not discovered by that route. You have a guitar which you say has a different scale length from all others of the same make and model, and tell us you didn't use the universal method of measuring scale.

I was drawing a pretty obvious conclusion.

Facts are not discovered by that route. You have a guitar which you say has a different scale length from all others of the same make and model' date=' and tell us you didn't use the universal method of measuring scale.

I was drawing a pretty obvious conclusion.[/quote']

Jan Raeven, I think lpdeluxe is giving you good advice and is not being condescending. As he said he's just stating

the way that scale is really measured in the guitar world. If your scale is longer than the norm after you remeasure,

then I would contact Epiphone/Gibson and see what gives as that may cause you some problems. Just some friendly

advice.

Interest piqued, I measured mine - spot on 12&3/8" making the expected 24.75 inch scale. Checked full scale nut to bridge and top-E 24&25/32 (just over) with bottom-E 24&31/32 (nearly 25").

(1996 Samick Sheraton II.)

Jan - please put us all out of our misery - measure nut to 12th and the two E-strings nut to bridge.

You may have a strange and long Sherry.....

Although there seems to be some confusion here, I measured from nut to 12th fret on my 97 Sheraton, and it's 12 3/8 inches, exactly what it ought to be. However the original poster, NOT me, is the one who claimed he had a Sheri of non-standard scale length. In that context "go back and read what I said" has a certain irony to it.

Archived