Gibson Brands Forums

Epiphone Aj 18s

Mark Lee

anyone else know much about this guitar? what do you think of them? I got one in 2006, but all the info I can find says that they were discontinued earlier. its a lovely guitar, with an exelent volume and tone to die for. i play it more often than some of my more expensive guitars, including a Gibson J200.

Hey, SM .... I have one (a '99 AJ18SNA), dunno much about it either (wife bought it for me as a surprise), but it does what I need it to do and sounds just fine to me - I went with lighter strings so I can bend (lost a little volume), nice little affordable acoustic. I don't play it at home much (usually my Epi LP), but it gets used at church fairly often. Mine holds tune like forever - I've never had a guitar stay in tune aslong as this one does, for whatever reason...mine has Gotoh tuners, I believe, fwiw

Mines set up for 13-56, which is probably why its as loud as the real gibson AJ. Mine has Grover Rotomatics.

RSDx, is the neck on yours really thin like mine? its got a 1 5/8 neck width (versus 1 11/16 on most of the current Epis) and a proportionately thin C shape.

Archived