Gibson Brands Forums

Can you help me ID this Epiphone? *PIC HEAVY*

sgt_easton

Every person I've asked so far has no idea what this thing is, so I thought you folks here would be the best people to ask.

Here are some facts.

- no serial number (possibly on a sticker that came off)

- doesn't say "Gibson" anywhere

- that's about it, besides the pictures. Any information would be GREATLY appreciated.

Thanks!

220106.jpg

220122.jpg

220129.jpg

Guest icantbuyafender

are you sure the seriel number isnt engraved on the metal back plate of the neck joint?

most bolt ons are stamped there. (special II's , SGspecial, LPjr, LP-100 etc.)

that is a definately an epiphone batwing headstock...

are you sure the seriel number isnt engraved on the metal back plate of the neck joint?

most bolt ons are stamped there. (special II's ' date=' SGspecial, LPjr, LP-100 etc.)

that is a definately an epiphone batwing headstock...

[/quote']

I'm sure. All it says is "MADE IN JAPAN."

Thanks to both of you for the help so far!

The neck and headstock aren't consistent with those guitars though. Looks later than that.

I've "heard" some people say it's a Coronet, but every time I look up that word I get guitars that don't look much like mine. Others have said it's some 80's or 90's reissue, but it still look too different to me.

From my limited knowledge it's not one of the models made in the 60s or 70s but looks much more liekly to be a late 80s or 90s model. The body and the headstock are very Coronet-like but the specs and hardware seem completely different to anything I've seen with that shape, even much different from the reissue coronet with the humbucker and single coil.

it is possible that the neck/headstock has been modified though to resemeble a coronet because the headstock doesn't look like the most convincing thing i've ever seen.

From my limited knowledge it's not one of the models made in the 60s or 70s but looks much more liekly to be a late 80s or 90s model. The body and the headstock are very Coronet-like but the specs and hardware seem completely different to anything I've seen with that shape' date=' even much different from the reissue coronet with the humbucker and single coil.

it is possible that the neck/headstock has been modified though to resemeble a coronet because the headstock doesn't look like the most convincing thing i've ever seen.[/quote']

I agree about the headstock. Arent the Epi bat-wings beveled? And that decal is way crooked, the TRC looks odd...and the two switches? Maybe its a kit.

Archived