Gibson Brands Forums

Inspected in the USA ... Oh really ?????

pacificmuscle

While trawling through Ebay I happened upon this listing.

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&item=260388123179

So assuming that this is a genuine listing .... and are'nt they all ... riddle me this.

The listing is in Beijig China and the guitar is made in China ... he has more than one listed ... yet it has an inspected in the USA sticker affixed.

Does that mean a) that the guitar has been to the states then returned to China or =D> The sticker is affixed in China prior to dispatch to the states in which case WTF with the 'security' of a US inspection and quality control?

It seems we are being played like a cheap Chinese instrument.

Cheers

Pete

I've bought hundreds of items off eBay and never had bum deal but I would draw the line at guitars and other expensive items these days.

Some of the things I've bought gave the location as an Australian city but the items arrived from China. No big deal as the items did what they were supposed to do.

I tend to stick with sellers now that have genuine websites and a street address (more often than not it's cheaper to buy from them via their websites).

There's NO way I would buy a guitar that had to be shipped from China.

In the latest issue of the "Gibson Guitar" online newsletter, there is a good article entitled, "A Look at Epiphone’s Stateside Inspection Process". The article begins with this definitive statement:

"Did you know that every single Epiphone instrument — be it electric or acoustic guitar, mandolin or banjo — that leaves the Epiphone factories in Asia undergoes a rigorous inspection process in the States before hitting stores? It’s true!"

I believe the inspection is done in the building next to Gibson's factory in Nashville. After reading horror stories about Chineses quality control, this article is quite an eye opener! =D> You can access the article (complete with pictures of the inspection process) at the following link:

http://www.gibson.com/en-us/Lifestyle/Features/epiphone-inspection-401/

Cheers...

No way this thing is real... alltho the pics look ok at quick glance.

€300 Euro for a Custom...when the cheapest online dealer in Europe sells'm for 550... Santaclaus don't exist folks.

Oddly the most suspicious part is the shipping price. 30 something Euro for shipping to Europe. When in reality it's more like 150... That means he takes a huge hit on the selling price. With these "under 100 buck" fakes, he's still making a nice profit.

With the risk of repeating myself. "If it ships from China it's a fake".

Archived