Gibson Brands Forums

Serious gas today!!

mrjones200x

Went to my local music shop looking for the gary moore sig BFG gibson but they havent arrived yet so i was just browsing my price range are, £1000 ish so mainly looking at used LP std's and new studios then one beauty caught my eye. The Gibson LP Classic antique in VSB with 57 classic paf pickups! Man this thing had the nicest finish id ever seen. Was brand new at £1299. Am so tempted now. Giving it a week to see what the BFG is like but this thing is awesome. Didnt have time to try but i will next week and i hope it sounds as sweet as it looks. Trying to clear out loads of stuff now for a good deposit on it. Only one left in the shop and they dont make them any more so im gonna have to be quick.

LPACVSNH1.jpg

This pic doent show the actual guitar just the similar one. The one in the shop is perfect!!

Anyone own one??

(Faint voice in the distance, not very distinct, seemingly coming from everywhere...) Buy it, buy it, buy it now. Buy it, buy it now or we'll get your dog! You know you want it! What good is food if you can't play a guitar like this. Sell your orthopedic shoes, sell your insulin. Do it now..

My latest "Gassing" has been for MOD parts! I just won bidding for TWO sets of

Gibson 498T/490R pickups for my EPI LP Studio and EPI LP Classic. Both GITS sound

just fine right now, but Dammit, the lure of the Gibson pups was just too much

for me! Gotta know what the sound difference will be!!! If for some strange reason

I DON'T like the diff, I guess I can always sell 'em, but I just Can't see that being the

outcome. Good thing is all pups are the stock 2-wire, easy install. Gassing can take

many forms?

On the "Guitar Gassing" front, for some unkown reason, on Friday I looked at my

Dean Vendetta XM Beater guitar and said "NO MORE!". I promptly stripped it down,

gutted the electronics, replaced all with USA pots, orange drop tone cap, dumped stock Dean

pups for Gold-plated from G-400, gold plated bridge, tuners, filled in string-thru holes with dowels,

drilled new holes for gold stop bar tail piece. Going back with all gold hardware. Can't decide

yet on either black speed knobs or gold Top-hat style.

Now the color. WAS nasty flat black. Sanded, 2 cans white primer and sanding, and 4 seperate

coats of Candy-apple red. New paint currently drying awaiting application of Nitro Gloss coats,

more sanding, then polish. Hey, this is actually FUN!!!! I can see the guitar coming together,

will definitely look 1000% better, and only cost 50.00 for all the sprays and sandpaper. I had the

gold hardware left over from an upgrade to my RAVEN WEST LP Style git. Wheeeee!!!!

r_fl_feb1809_300x250_09.jpg

Animalfarm' date='

You know how we like pictures here. Especially make-over pictures. Well?[/quote']

OK, pix. On the dull side now, will try for better in the daylight with nitro clear on, and

DEFINITELY finished product in good lighting...

The crappy flash pix don't show that the RED is ALREADY super shiny....

1. Original Dean (Git was ACTUALLY flat black - this factory pic is BS)

424016.jpg

2. Front view in progress with Cherry Red:

100_0210.jpg

3, Back view /Cherry Red:

100_0211.jpg

4. Back view neck w/ "new" tuners:

100_0212.jpg

5. Front view neck w/ "new" tuners:

100_0213.jpg

6. This again cuz I like it!!!

r_fl_feb1809_300x250_09.jpg

Animalfarm' date='

You have a LOT of potential there (including picture 6). It's looking good so far. I think you have a worthwhile project going there and I look forward to seeing the assembly pics. Cheers.[/quote']

Thanks! I have a picture that goes with your avatar...

20070523-z4896821.jpg

Went to my local music shop looking for the gary moore sig BFG gibson but they havent arrived yet so i was just browsing my price range are' date=' £1000 ish so mainly looking at used LP std's and new studios then one beauty caught my eye. The Gibson LP Classic antique in VSB with 57 classic paf pickups! Man this thing had the nicest finish id ever seen. Was brand new at £1299. Am so tempted now. Giving it a week to see what the BFG is like but this thing is awesome. Didnt have time to try but i will next week and i hope it sounds as sweet as it looks. Trying to clear out loads of stuff now for a good deposit on it. Only one left in the shop and they dont make them any more so im gonna have to be quick.

[img']http://i290.photobucket.com/albums/ll241/mrjones2004x/LPACVSNH1.jpg[/img]

This pic doent show the actual guitar just the similar one. The one in the shop is perfect!!

Anyone own one??

Whereabouts in Luton is that shop?

i played a few of those at the gibson showcase in opry mills mall and they are ok and i mean just ok they look wonderfull but i dont like weight releif at all a les paul is supposed to be heavy. these and the 08 standards and others (the floyd rose model) felt cheap and played like an old korean epiphone, (not all that bad mind you just not like the les paul of old)

please dont think i am trashing you or the guitar it is just my opinion. i love the finish its just beautifull but i have weight and playability issues with it and some of the new standards comming out today.

in the end if you play it and like it then definetly buy it

my max price is a £1000 really and im trying to get £500 deposit then pay the rest in instalment so i'll be stretching it at £1300 let alone £3000 lol.

Is the Gibson LP Classic Antique VSB a good buy at £1300? How much difference from a std LP apart from £600???

Archived