Gibson Brands Forums

hey guys i am stressin

shibbyuk29

hey, i bought an epiphone les paul custom off ebay with hardcase used for £235, do u think this is an alright deal? altho postage cost 40quid lol.

not received guitar yet, shud come soon but im stressin cos i see so much about fake epiphones and after i bought the guitar i found same pic of the guitar on google.

item is supposed to be mint condition with slight fading on the gold hardware.i just gotta keep stressin till i get it lol.

thinkin of takin it to the guitar shop to have it checked when i do get it.they'll be able to spot problems i hope.

hey' date=' i bought an epiphone les paul custom off ebay with hardcase used for £235, do u think this is an alright deal? altho postage cost 40quid lol.

not received guitar yet, shud come soon but im stressin cos i see so much about fake epiphones and after i bought the guitar i found same pic of the guitar on google.

item is supposed to be mint condition with slight fading on the gold hardware.i just gotta keep stressin till i get it lol.

thinkin of takin it to the guitar shop to have it checked when i do get it.they'll be able to spot problems i hope.[/quote']

If he lifted the picture of the guitar in question off the WWW, then he's not an honest seller for sure. I would be stressin'.

No. If you go to completed listings of Les Paul Custom on ebay.co.uk there's only one that sold at that price with that shipping amount and the description of the hardware and case. I'm on ebay a lot so it took me about 10 seconds to find it.

No. If you go to completed listings of Les Paul Custom on ebay.co.uk there's only one that sold at that price with that shipping amount and the description of the hardware and case. I'm on ebay a lot so it took me about 10 seconds to find it.

Elementary My Dear Watson. Nice work Mr. Holmes! =D>

Indeed! Now, based on that pictures, is it a fake.

In my experience we don't see many fake epis in the uk but the majority are Les Pauls. However, they're normally sold brand new with an epi box.

I think if this guitar has a korean serial number upon arrival I would safely say it's legit.

First thing's first. Stop stressing!! Did you pay by paypal? If so, you have nothing to worry about as they have guaranteed your purcahse and your money is safe if we judge this to be a fake.

Secondly, if you can take pictures there should be no need to go to a shop and many shops probably wouldn't know the difference.

Thirdly, the serial number will probably give us a good idea about its origin. If it Korean my bet is that it's genuine. If it's chinese then we'll have to look further into it.

Archived