Gibson Brands Forums

$1,000 John Lennon EJ-160?

Ron G

Interesting. I recall last year seeing a couple of Epi EJ-160E's on the MF website for between $600 and $800(not list) that they were clearing out. I remember wondering why such an odd, high price as they were going for $399 or $499 then. Perhaps they made a limited run in Japan?

There has never been a John Lennon EJ-160e in Japan or America as far as I know. That price tag is absolute madness. I imported one from america a couple of years ago and it cost me $500 and I recently bought a couple in the UK at £300-£350 which would be around $600-700

There has never been a John Lennon EJ-160e in Japan or America as far as I know. That price tag is absolute madness. I imported one from america a couple of years ago and it cost me $500 and I recently bought a couple in the UK at £300-£350 which would be around $600-700

Though GC has jacked up the price in the states here by $100, the rest of the dealers are still the same $500 as they have been for I don't know how many years now.

The $1000 guy is a nut, but why not take a shot I guess? That seems to be the mentality these days. I work retail and many but not most people take a shot and make stupid demands. If they get their way, they win if not then nothing lost.

I am guessing this was one of those I'll throw it out there and see if anyone bites if not then back down.

I'm sorry, but there is no EJ160E made worth $1000 except maybe one played by John himself and that is not real likely.

Archived