Gibson Brands Forums

75 years of... hey wait a minute...

That must be a pic of the Demo VSr that made it to NAMM last summer, and again last winter. Sweetwater still doesn't have it available; but they'll still take your money for a picture and a vague promise to deliver ASAP. :-

Gil...

My VSr. is supposedly still on order at Sweetwater although they haven't contacted me since February and I don't see it in pending orders when I log in. Either they've purged my order and can't man up to it, or it's still in there somewhere. I fully expect it'll arrive when my VISA bill is out of control and on a day that my wife is home to sign for it and I'm already in the doghouse for something else. Whatever, I still (sort of) want the foolish thing although between the 8 amps I already have, it's starting to diminish in priority.

HELLO EPI - ARE YOU LISTENING?

My VSr. is supposedly still on order at Sweetwater although they haven't contacted me since February and I don't see it in pending orders when I log in. Either they've purged my order and can't man up to it' date=' or it's still in there somewhere. I fully expect it'll arrive when my VISA bill is out of control and on a day that my wife is home to sign for it and I'm already in the doghouse for something else. Whatever, I still (sort of) want the foolish thing although between the 8 amps I already have, it's starting to diminish in priority.

HELLO EPI - ARE YOU LISTENING?[/quote']

I'm thinking epiphone is going to keep listing new years on their amps page until they finally get to 2009, then commence shipping... as some sort of anniversary celebration...

Well, Z_Stingray's shipment of Plexi Jr printed circuit boards just arrived all nice and ready for QC testing. That sure didn't take more than a couple weeks from order to delivery. But over a year on the Valve Senior? Something has got to be terribly terribly wrong for this picture to be so fuzzy for so long! Like maybe someone's having flashbacks of thousands of v1 & v2 VJr's & VSpcls & VStds sitting in the shop for warranty repair. Whatcha bet those JJ 6V6's in the pic fried during the photo shoot! They do look a little warm. :-

Gil...

All it did for me was make me buy the So Cal 50 from Sweetwater instead and I'm glad I did.

I'm still interested in the VSr. , more so now only because of it's 6V6 output section, but now I have a 2 channel all tube amp that I can (and have) do complete gigs with instead of a 'one trick pony'. I love my 'crunch' as much as the next guy but I also play just as much clean and prefer an 'uber-clean' sound when I do and the clean channel on the So Cal really delivers, very bright, present & full, even with EL34's.

And if the VSr. had been available I'd have never discovered the joy of EL34 tubes after having only owned and played 6L6 equipped amps. I'm now sold on EL34's and the sounds they give me for Rock and Blues tones, THAT'S whats been missing in my life all these years, LOL!!!

I just wish they'd have made the So Cal at 30w maximum like the BC30, the damn thing is L-O-U-D!!!

JoS

Archived