Gibson Brands Forums

This IS a fake!

lpfan

I found this on the local CL today:

http://lexington.craigslist.org/msg/1413424172.html

One of my friends knows the guy selling this and said he was gonna buy it. He doesn't mind it being a copy because he can't play, its more for decoration.

I actually thought it looked pretty good for a fake. I did notice right away the knob algnment with the tailpiece was wrong but I didn't see much more wrong from the pics. I'm sure I will find more errors when he gets it.

I found this on the local CL today:

http://lexington.craigslist.org/msg/1413424172.html

One of my friends knows the guy selling this and said he was gonna buy it. He doesn't mind it being a copy because he can't play' date=' its more for decoration.

I actually thought it looked pretty good for a fake. I did notice right away the knob algnment with the tailpiece was wrong but I didn't see much more wrong from the pics. I'm sure I will find more errors when he gets it.[/quote']

Well............ at least the seller is fairly upfront about it.....not that bootleg guitars are OK, but at least he's not selling it as a gen-u-ine Gibson

Yeah, I even called the seller and talked to him. He said he knew it was a copy when he bought it off of someone who bought it off e-bay. He said it actually sounded pretty good. I told him that didn't matter because my friend was only going to decorate with it anyway. I am curious to check it out when my friend gets it to see how it is.

If he (or ANY of y'all) want affordable display cases, these aluminum sides/back, plush lined, form fitting, plexiglass faced, locking cases with carry handles and a built in wallmount on the back are available from Rondo Music........

Les Paul and/or Strat cases, $89.95+ shipping

Dreadnaught Acoustic cases, $ 99.95+ shipping

The quality for the price is almost unbelievable !!!!!!!!

Heres my 30th Ann. GLP in the one I bought..........

EDIT: The wide line across the neck from the 7th to 9th frets is a reflection, not a blemish in the plexiglass.

GarysCam097.jpg

Archived