Gibson Brands Forums

Epiphone Bass Name Change Announcement!

Epi1

All,

To avoid a potential trademark conflict, Epiphone will be changing the name of the recently announced "Triumph-II" bass to the "Zenith" bass. This is a model name change only. All the current features, specifications and pricing as originally announced remain the same. The only physical product change will be the name as it appears on the truss rod cover.

We have yet to ship any of these new and exciting basses to our retailers. When we do, all basses will have the new name "Zenith" on the truss rod cover.

We are currently in the process of changing our internal systems to reflect this change. We expect to have these all changed including the product web page within the next day or two.

For retailers, it may take a little longer and obviously, anything that has already gone to print (including retail catalogs, print ads, etc.) cannot be retro-actively changed. Therefore, we ask that you please bear with us (and them) during this time of transition.

Once again... this is a model name change only and ALL new Zenith basses will have the new name on the truss rod cover when they appear (starting as early as the next 30-60 days) at retail.

Thanks for your continued support.

Best Regards,

Epiphone

But Epiphone had the Pre-Gibson Triumph archtop, and Gibson had the VERY LES-PAULISH Triumph Bass. (Basically a bass version of the Les Paul Recording). Both predate the Warwick. I'm no lawyer, but I don't think they'd have any trouble out of Warwick.

But Epiphone had the Pre-Gibson Triumph archtop' date=' and Gibson had the VERY LES-PAULISH Triumph Bass. (Basically a bass version of the Les Paul Recording). Both predate the Warwick. I'm no lawyer, but I don't think they'd have any trouble out of Warwick.

[/quote']

Yeah, but winning a trial costs more money than changing the name... lawyers have to put food on the table too...

I guess they just wanted to put the name of the old Triumphs to these new basses to add some value to it. I guess it was just not worth it if they ran into trademark conflict. Also, I think their claim on the name might have expired since the old ones, which is why they might be running into issues now.

edit: Woah... that was some bad grammar before... fixed

• 2 months later...
All' date='

To avoid a potential trademark conflict, Epiphone will be changing the name of the recently announced "Triumph-II" bass to the "Zenith" bass. [b']This is a model name change only.[/b] All the current features, specifications and pricing as originally announced remain the same. The only physical product change will be the name as it appears on the truss rod cover.

We have yet to ship any of these new and exciting basses to our retailers. When we do, all basses will have the new name "Zenith" on the truss rod cover.

We are currently in the process of changing our internal systems to reflect this change. We expect to have these all changed including the product web page within the next day or two.

For retailers, it may take a little longer and obviously, anything that has already gone to print (including retail catalogs, print ads, etc.) cannot be retro-actively changed. Therefore, we ask that you please bear with us (and them) during this time of transition.

Once again... this is a model name change only and ALL new Zenith basses will have the new name on the truss rod cover when they appear (starting as early as the next 30-60 days) at retail.

Thanks for your continued support.

Best Regards,

Epiphone

You say that these basses will appear as early as 30-60 days (from the date of your post). It's now February and no-one has stock .............. is there a new "availability date"?

[biggrin]

You say that these basses will appear as early as 30-60 days (from the date of your post). It's now February and no-one has stock .............. is there a new "availability date"?

[biggrin]

As early. It's a nice way of giving an attractive date' date=' without actually saying anything at all. [cool

Archived