Gibson Brands Forums

Bigsby on a Wilshire re-issue?

mummygun

I recently ordered the wilshire re-issue which hasn't arrived yet.

But I already plan on upgrading a few things on it and was wondering if a Bigsby B5 would fit on it?

I own a 1970 crestwood but don't know if the body measurements are the same.

I guess the base of the bigsby is 4 1/4 long.

Any help is greatly appreciated. I have to figure this out soon because I found a great deal on a Bigsby but I'd have to take advantage now.

Thanks!

Is there a picture on here of it?

There is a search function on the forum' date=' you could try searching [i']Wilshire[/i] & Bigsby. But then again, I do get paid the big bucks doing everyone's research for them. So to answer your question, Burstbucker has a red (not white for the record) Wilshire that has a B5 mounted on it. Find any of his posts, it's his avatar. Check out this thread post #22.

Welcome to the camp.

urstbucker has a red (not white for the record) Wilshire that has a B5 mounted on it.

So he does. (I wasn't referring to his one' date=' for the the record. There *was* a guy who would occasionally post a photo of his son playing his white Wilshire with a B5 on it, while wearing sunglasses, in his sister's bedroom if I recall correctly [confused )

So he does. (I wasn't referring to his one' date=' for the the record. There *was* a guy who would occasionally post a photo of his son playing his white Wilshire with a B5 on it, while wearing sunglasses, in his sister's bedroom if I recall correctly [biggrin'] )

Little kid, guitar almost as big as he is???

Archived