Gibson Brands Forums

"Fixed" a guitar yesterday....kinda, sorta, but not really...

RSDx

My daughter's boyfriend brought his Epi Lucille over yesterday for me to look at - he thought he had a bad switch or wire, as the neck pickup didn't work at all when switched to (actually, it played very very faintly).... turns out, he was plugging one cord into the stereo out jack (which I didn't realize at first - I pulled the back plate, switch and wiring lookd fine from what I could tell). Once I looked at the output jacks, realizing (had forgotten) that the Lucille has the stereo outs, plugged it into the mono jack and all is well - nothing wrong at all with his guitar at all .... it's set up REALLY REALLY nicely from the store he got it from. He was happy...I was happy I could "help"....we jammed a lil bit, but, being over 3 decades apart in age, our tastes are a lil different...LOL[biggrin] DANG, those Lucilles are NICE guitars - it's a shame Mrs RSD is not in the mood for another guitar or two 'round here ..... a Lucille and a Wildkat would be nice additions (and perhaps a Thinline Tele), but I don't want to have to turn anything loose. Perhaps when the kids are grown and out of college..... some day, one day [biggrin]

Now Peter --- just because a fellow gets a Lucille, you're going to take away his fun of getting more guitars???

Thinlines1.jpg

Every one of my semi-hollows plays and sounds different from the others, and I'd hate to part with any of them.

Hey' date=' thats really cool, helping the kid out and all. Glad it wasnt a major problem. Though, the words 'daughter' and 'boyfriend' kinda give me the heebie jeebies. Thankfully, I still have a few years to go...[scared']
LOL .... yeah, it takes a lil getting used to but, from my perspective - I was her age in the mid '70's - they're both really good kids (I was a long haired, guitar playing "head" back in the '70's ... I've been around a whole bunch of blocks a whole bunch of times, she ain't gonna get away with what I got away with:-" hehhehheh).

If you ever got a Lucille - you don't need another semi-hollow
Yeah' date=' it's a sweet guitar. I did manage to pick up a BMG Sig (Brian May Guitars) - not really a semi hollow, but does have a good sized acoustic chamber in it - for a good deal due to MF kind of screwing up my order and not shipping it for 3 days when it was supposed to be overnighted...LOL. It is itself a really nice piece ... made in Korea, 3 Burns Tri-Sonic single coils, phase switches for each pup, short scale - 24", 24 frets, .09's on her.... tones that are worlds apart from my Epi LP. Love 'em both to death, but the Mrs doesn't understand why I "needed" another electric.....womenz [blink'] Just kidding, to any ladies reading.... we love ya in spite of yourselves... heh ... OK, I should shut up, now:-"

Archived