Gibson Brands Forums

Upgrade bridge - Epi Dot

StewartB

Curious to get feedback from anyone who may have changed the stock epi bridge on their Dot or other semi hollw Epi.

From everything I read it seems that the Tonepros bridge setup is the best around? I am reasonably happy with the stock bridge but wanted to know if anyone who has changed to the Tonepros (or other brand) can say the sustain is better with the upgrade??

I can't say you will get better sustain, but you will get much better tunning stability. I have 3 epiphones (including a dot), and I have replaced the stock bridges on all three with the gotoh replacement. They all stay in tune much better. It was a night and day improvement. Also - if you like the set screws on the tonepro bridge and have access to a drill press and a tap and die set, you can intall set screws on the gotoh bridge Viola! you have a tonepro!

Thanks for the info guys. Will look at both ideas. I have graphtech saddles on my US Strat and am happy with those. I understand about the drill, tap, and die prospect. I could get this done with a mate's help I think. Thanks again for the replies.

Without a doubt the 2 upgrades on the dot that have made the most difference on the sound, sustain and playability are changing the pickups and changing the bridge. I put a Tonepros bridge on mine and replace the stopbar tailpiece with a trapeze tailpiece.

Archived