Gibson Brands Forums

Les Paul Special SC HAS ARRIVED

brianh

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

4617297708_9bdce4fd24_b.jpg

I'm new here, I just got the same guitar.

I have a ton of pics on my flikr page http://www.flickr.com/photos/eniacmike/sets/72157624083039508/

I had to get the checkered guitar strap to complete the look! The guitar was $249 at guitar center, and I had a 15% off coupon, and I got it tax free (recording production for resale in the state of texas is tax free). So far everything is great, it plays well. My left hand got a little "dirtier" but my hands are always dirty anyways. I really like the guitar, my main guitar is a sonex-180, but I always wanted a dual p-90 guitar and this guitars price, color, look just called to me.

I have a crate vintage club 20 that is working for me now, but I'm looking into some other small amps at the moment to go along with this guitar.

I don't know because it was 279 online and I just went in to "look at it" and it had one of their low price guaranteed tags at $249. I guess somebody else is selling it for $249 so they had to match it? I'm thinking about getting some pointer washers for the knobs and and amber or off white switch knob. The black does look really cool though, but I think the amber would look more old school.

I love cheap trick! I just got in a debate with this guy at work who said styx was better than cheap trick! I was going for more of a punk/ska type thing. One of my favorite guitar players is mick jones from the clash and he used a les paul jr. although he used the double cutaway like johnny thunders.

I'm a die-hard Cheap Trick fan - I got 15th row orchestra for their show at Radio City ! Neilsen is fantastic !

Styx is NOT in the same league - really - especially live. Check out CT if you can - they are know for their live shows !

I don't know because it was 279 online and I just went in to "look at it" and it had one of their low price guaranteed tags at $249. I guess somebody else is selling it for $249 so they had to match it?

Where did you see it online for $279? Everywhere that I can see has it for $379:

http://www.guitarcenter.com/Epiphone-Limited-Edition-Les-Paul-Special-SC-Electric-Guitar-584590-i1506645.gc

There is an LP Special SC Bass for $249, maybe the store got confused?

http://www.guitarcenter.com/Epiphone-Limited-Edition-Les-Paul-Special-Bass-Guitar-103997094-i1169267.gc

With a 15% off coupon that works out to be $212.50. I'd go buy one in the other color at that price.

Whatever you do, don't bring it to their attention!

Where did you see it online for $279? Everywhere that I can see has it for $379:

http://www.guitarcenter.com/Epiphone-Limited-Edition-Les-Paul-Special-SC-Electric-Guitar-584590-i1506645.gc

There is an LP Special SC Bass for $249' date=' maybe the store got confused?

http://www.guitarcenter.com/Epiphone-Limited-Edition-Les-Paul-Special-Bass-Guitar-103997094-i1169267.gc

With a 15% off coupon that works out to be $212.50. I'd go buy one in the other color at that price.

Whatever you do, don't bring it to their attention!

[/quote']

Oh I'm really sorry I made a mistake. online is 379, in the store was $349, I paid a little under $300 total for the guitar. I made my first post at 2 in the morning, I need to get more sleep, but can't because I'm pumped on this guitar! I'm sorry for the confusion, and thanks for catching that mistake.

I'm a die-hard Cheap Trick fan - I got 15th row orchestra for their show at Radio City ! Neilsen is fantastic !

Styx is NOT in the same league - really - especially live. Check out CT if you can - they are know for their live shows !

I'm with you there! His argument was Styx has more hits, and they are "technically better" musicians. Neither of those arguments ever worked for me for any band. I was trying to come up with other examples of less hits, less technical bands that are better than a similar band.

The whole argument came about because this drunk came up to me at our show last weekend and wanted to sing "come sail away" with us. We definitely do not play that song.

Oh I'm really sorry I made a mistake. online is 379' date=' in the store was $349, I paid a little under $300 total for the guitar.[/quote']

That makes more sense.

Still a very good deal, I paid $322 for mine shipped, no tax.

I'd very much like a 2 x P90-equipped' date=' solid body guitar at a testicle-preserving price[/quote']

If this Forum has taught me anything Alan... it is that 'you can always get new pots'[biggrin]

eggmuffins

Sorry wardog' date=' the forum doesn't allow for changes after the poll is created.

BTW, where'd you get the TW Jr? I don't see them for sale anywhere...[/quote']

it was am aims special run for the local shop i take lessons at.

Hey I’m new to the forum. Last month I went to a Guitar show in town & some guy had a mint cherry Epiphone Les Paul Special with P-90s on his table. It looked & played great & he took $250 for it. I thought I’d leave it where we rehearse & I wouldn’t be out much if one of his kids got into it. This little guy blew me away! I have a USA SG classic with P-90s & a USA faded TV yellow DC Les Paul Special & this guitar plays & sounds as good as both of them. I also found a case for it on Craigslist for it. TKL makes a universal rectangular case that fits it perfect. It’s made for Teles and Strats but the neck rest is high enough so the Gibson angled headstock fits in the case. The TKL case fits my SG, LP special & the Epiphone LP Special but a carved top LP won’t fit.

• 3 weeks later...

hello ,i'm new here and this is the thread who turn me on buying an electric guitar, i'm a bass player but need a kind of les paul bob marley for so long! thanks for your advice and many pics you posted . i've buy the TKL 4830 gig bag for the guitar but now i'm in need for a hard case .anyone have tried the TKL 7824 or the 8824 case ? i've heard it fit the gibson special but not shure for the epi .

epiphonelpspecialp90.jpg

Archived