Gibson Brands Forums

Les Paul Special SC HAS ARRIVED

brianh

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hey fellow rockers! I actually joined this forum just to post this one post so here it goes! I actually saw this post the other day (as I was waiting for my Epi LP SC to arrive) and was excited to see the videos and what not. I was also dismayed though that my guitar would be banana yellow instead of the super cool TV Yellow that I was dreaming about. Yesterday I get home from work and slowpitch practice to find my Epi all alone on the doorstep. I placed the box on my table and cut all the tape off. Then of course there was the Epi box inside, as I performed the ceremonious opening of the box, with a little dread about my new banana, I peeked inside and my mouth dropped. To my surprise a kind of grungy yellow, that you could also see the wood grain through the paint, Les Paul was sitting in front of me. I looked at my girlfriend and she innocently said "Wow that doesn't look like banana" and I rejoiced! Mine is definitely not banana!!!

DSC09672.jpg

DSC09673.jpg

DSC09674.jpg

I don't know if the pictures give it justice as it's hard to get a good angle to show the wood grain but it is beautiful!

Am I the only one who really likes the taxi-yellow...? Congrats on the new guitar Briah! She both looks and sounds beautiful to me![cool]

No problem with the Taxi/Banana Yellow, it's a fantastic looking color! Just a problem with them calling it TV Yellow, because it is not.

Sheila

Sounds like you have an issue with your G string intonation to me? You're not in tune in the demo. Glad you got one with some grain showing through the banana or taxi yellow. :-k

That's possible' date=' it still has the stock strings on and I haven't intonated it. Been too busy with other things:

[img']http://i608.photobucket.com/albums/tt163/brianehuff/P1010086.jpg[/img]

When I get back from my biz travels, I'll get it set up properly and redo the demo WITH some leads....

guys' date=' my gibson les paul special arrived last night![/quote']

That is a beauty! Congratulations. Still wish Gibson would sell these directly in the U.S. market!

You know, I've always wondered why on the newer non-historics Gibson puts "Junior" and "Special" on the TRC. On all of the older ones it replaces "Model" in the headstock silkscreen. Guess it's easier to change the TRC.

That's possible' date=' it still has the stock strings on and I haven't intonated it. Been too busy with other things:

[img']http://i608.photobucket.com/albums/tt163/brianehuff/P1010086.jpg[/img]

When I get back from my biz travels, I'll get it set up properly and redo the demo WITH some leads....

That explains it.....factory setup and strings! NICE lookin' tele!

• 4 weeks later...

[blink]

I got my Les Paul Special in Yellow two days ago - I love it to death , I was jumping all over the living room with it coming out of my Marshall JCM 900 yesterday , playing along to British Steel . Those P90's cranked up are killer . A previous comment mentened the dye on the fretbord coming off ; which is a drag - but I know that will stop the more I play it .

This color is hard to describe - it looks more like a shade of mustard-yellow. regardless, at $ 379 it is well worth it ! It is a well made instrument with no flaws whatsoever ! I have 4 Gibsons, ( 2 LP standards , a 1960 ES 125T and a 70's SG ) ...this is as well made as those are. Of course I will always love the LP Standard....but this is my third Epi - and I love it !

I'd like to get a case that fits the Junior thickness. Any ideas? I was going to get the Epi Lester case and put a piece of black fleece blanket (fabric store) in the bottom to compensate.

Archived