Gibson Brands Forums

What is this?

Ajhoward

I agree, looks like a Pro Series.

Someone over at the epiwiki forum has put together a page about these, which you may find helpful:

http://epi.p3net.net/wiki/index.php/Pro-Series

This Pro2 for sale on ebay might give you some idea of price:

http://cgi.ebay.com/1996-Epiphone-Pro-2-Electric-Guitar-/150436058811?cmd=ViewItem&pt=Guitar&hash=item2306b016bb

Your guitar is a 935i. Not a Pro model.

All of the Pros had bolt-on necks. Yours looks similar to the USA Pro model, but like I said, they had bolt necks. Also they had uncovered humbuckers, a Pro inlay at the 24th fret and USA on the truss rod cover.

The 935i and the USA Pro look very similar. But yours is definately a 935i. I have a link to my Epiphone Strat chart in my signature. Click on the model names that are underlined for more info and pics for comparison.

HA! Epinder beat me to it. He is correct.

935i

i9.gif

^^^^ You created such a great chart' date=' that even simps like me knew what guitar it was... ^^^^[/quote']

Thanks, epinder. I'm still working on locating pics for the rest of the models. I was really hoping it was a Pro-1. Need those pics!

Ah balls. I actually spent a while researching into it as I wasn't too sure' date=' and everything I found suggested the Pro had the set neck. My bad.[/quote']

Thats ok. At first glance, I thought it was a Pro as well. Was really hoping it was a Pro-1.

Thanks alot you guys.. great help.. i got it for 100 bucks with the case.. im kind of a collector/seller.. not sure what im going to do with this one yet..

Thank you Much

Well, if you clean it up, give it a good setup, new strings, replace the back cover and sell with the case, you may be able to get a couple hundred for it. It looks to be in great shape.

Archived